program stops responding

nailer

program stops responding

Post by nailer »

Good morning all
I purchased a new laptop and i'm having trouble with the software "I think" What is happening is the program quits running in the middle of the routing and a message comes up that it would "run faster if it were plugged into a high speed 2.0 USB port". I checked the tech support with the computer company to make sure that this laptop had the high speed ports and they said that it did and maybe it's in the driversof the program that I'm running. I'm running the next wave automation software on the cnc shark pro and i believe I've download all the proper software. The laptop is a Compac Presario CQ60 with Vista home basic 32 bit it has 3GB of memory. I thought I would check here before I uninstall everything and start over. Any suggestions?
Mark the nailer

ManitobaKeith
Vectric Wizard

Re: program stops responding

Post by ManitobaKeith »

Hi Nailer,
From what I have read, you need to disable power management and the screen saver also, as either can interfere with software drivers. Not so sure on Vista asit has it's own sets of problems, but try doing the two items above and see how that works.

Can't you just use an SD card or USB Stick (thumb drive) with the Shark? That is the better way to go if possible.
Keith
It is not only what we do,but also what we do not do,for which we are accountable-Jean Moliere

nailer

Post by nailer »

Thanks for the reply How do you disable the power managment. I have no screen savers running. Here's another question Can I go back to where it stop responding and write down the line number and corindinates and start over from where I orginally started from zero on the X Y Z? I thought I could maybe save the work that has already been carved.
Thoughts are scary sometimes!!
Nailer Mark

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hi Mark,

If it is the CNC Shark contol software that you are having problems with,
it might be best to drop Tim Owens of Next Wave Automation a quick email.
I am sure he will be able to advise you as to whether or not you need to
use a USB 2 port as opposed to a USB 1 port with the control software.

Some USB 2 ports require the installation of an additional driver.

The tech support from the company that you purchased the laptop from
"should" be able to advise you on this.

Take a look at the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section within device manager,
(Start > devmgmt.msc) and make sure that there are no red "pling" icons.
(if there are, you almost certainly need an additional driver).
You can right hand click on the offending port to install the USB drivers if you need to.

You can also disable the "low speed device" warning here (under the Advanced tab)
if you wish.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.