Newbie in need of help!!!! Getting a double image?

LaughlinCharles

Newbie in need of help!!!! Getting a double image?

Post by LaughlinCharles »

I am new to CNC routing and am having a bit of difficulty getting a CNC Shark Pro to work properly. The controlling laptop has VCarve Pro 4.6 installed. The problem I am having is that the Shark wants to rout part of a file but before it gets completely done with the image it starts routing a duplicate of the image elsewhere. Please help an ignorant newbie, I have done everything I can find and think of to fix this problem but nothing seems to work. I have included a couple of pictures to show what is happening. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated so that I can get this up and running for the men and women of Laughlin Air Force Base.
Attachments
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Re: Newbie in need of help!!!! Getting a double image?

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hello and welcome to the Vectric forum , LaughlinCharles
I've never seen anyone post a problem like this, Could you post some more info.
Are you using the Trial version?
And what Post Processer did you choose to output your toolpath with?
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Hello,
Without seeing the file it looks like there must be more than one set of the vectors on the drawing board when the toolpaths are created. I guess one could have created the toolpath and then perhaps edited the toolpath by copying and pasting them to the new position and overlooking the fact that the old vectors are still at the origninal position create the edited toolpath which now includes 2 copies of the vectors???
We would need to see the file to more accurately try and pinpoint what went wrong.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

I would agree with Wes.
Another idea would be to run the program and watch the X Y Z movement on the computer screen. When the machine starts to make the second image check to see if the program skipped back to the fist G Code line or did it just continue.
If it continued, you have a double (ghost) image in the tool part. If the program skipped back to the starting line of the G Code, check your computer. Screen savers, Virus protection, anything that could cause a bump in the demand from the computer.
Michael

PS I run a Shark as well.
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard

Post by metalworkz »

The part that doesn't make sense for the program to be restarting at the beginning is the fact that the 2nd set is being started at a different X and Y location. This makes me believe the G-code is designating a new start point.
I think it would be very easy to go back to the drawing and look at 'all' the vectors. The Vectric software is very "wysiwyg" and I find that what I see on thedrawing board as vectors is what I will get when the part is cut. If you can't see the 2nd set of vectors on the drawing board, then perhaps run the preview simulation and watch to see if there are 2 sets of the Bulls Head vectors being cut in the preview.
I am not familiar with the Shark control software so maybe it could have something to do with this. I still don't see the .crv file posted for someone on the forum to take a look at?
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Wes,
I have found that the shark will randomly pick a new starting point when the G-code is interrupted by my screen saver or virus protection program. I now have a designated computer just for running the programs.
I find it odd that some of the top letters are complete and some of the second sets of letters are.
The preview tool path has the letters being complete before the program moves to the scrollwork or the boarder.
The tool path really looks different than what I see on my program.
And what's up with the horizontal line in the right middle of the picture.
I don't know what part of the design it came from.
And yes, by all means, please post the file, you know we all love a good mystery.
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard

Post by metalworkz »

I have read where Mach3 can be interrupted in much the same way as you described. I figured when I set up the computer for my machine I wasn't going to let anything interrupt the machining process and the computer is 'dedicated' to that one purpose. I removed and configured all programs that could possibly cause a problem and so far I have had goo luck in that respect. I even removed the wireless adapter so there could be no connections to that system also.
Ok, if the problem has not been solved I think we need to get a file posted from Laughlin?
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:

LaughlinCharles

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the responses so far. I will get a copy of the .crv as soon as I can. Things being what they are I am not able to log on certain sites on the internet with the controller computer because of Air Force security concerns. As soon as I can I will let get a copy of the file posted. I can tell you that on the drawing board there is only one set of vectors and that from what I can tell there is no interaction between the screen saver/anti-virus software and the controllers but will double check that asap as well. Thank you again everyone for all of your responses and help.

LaughlinCharles

Sorry it is taking me so long to post the .crv file but it exceeds the 2MB file size allowed by the forums. I have been trying to come up with other solutions if anyone has any ideas please drop me a line. Thanks.
Charles

ManitobaKeith
Vectric Wizard

Post by ManitobaKeith »

LaughlinCharles wrote:Sorry it is taking me so long to post the .crv file but it exceeds the 2MB file size allowed by the forums. I have been trying to come up with other solutions if anyone has any ideas please drop me a line. Thanks.
Charles
The original file is only 344K, so there must be something else included in it and that MIGHT be your problem. Try downloading this file and run it without modification to see if it works OK.
Attachments
Bulls_Head.crv
(344 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Keith
It is not only what we do,but also what we do not do,for which we are accountable-Jean Moliere