New user, nothing happens

Sandmark

New user, nothing happens

Post by Sandmark »

I’m a new CNC Shark / VCarve user. Trying to cut a simple 3.5 x 7 x .25 inch electrical switch plate consisting of a rectangle cut through, a slightly larger rectangle inlay, and two holes (3 tool paths in 1 file). To the tools list I added a Rockler 1/16th inch bit, which should allow me to cut without a bit change. The plate in the Preview Toolpaths looks exactly as it should. When I load G-code and hit run, the router dives to a position nowhere near the tool paths and then parks itself. I have many more questions, but they are irrelevant until I know whether this system works.

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Re: New user, nothing happens

Post by mezalick »

One suggestion would be to slow down the FRO of the CNC Shark.
I run mine at about 80%.
I have been doing some reading about this and there is a general opinion that the machine can only process the information only so quickly.
Another suggestion is to re-load your code. It may be corrupted.Turn your computer off and start again.
There is plenty of help on this forum.
If you can post the first few lines of the code, I could take a look at it for you.
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Thinking about it a bit more, here are a few other reasons that may cause problems.
You screen saver is interfering.
Your Virus protection is interfering.
Using the computer while the Shark program is running could cause some problems ( it's a network thing).
I hope this helps.
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Did you set up the home position for the machine to match the position set in the software?
I am not familiar with the CNC Shark, but you will need to set your X 0. , Y 0. , and Z 0. positions for most machines.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake