software

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
berrows@comcast.net
Model of CNC Machine: probotix fireball 90

software

Post by berrows@comcast.net »

I use two different software; Cut2d and some other software. 2D does not V carve but other software does. My question is this? I like doing lots of text and vector drawings and the combinations there of but there are many times I need to V carve and can't do it in 2D. In my two software, both have things the other doesn't and it's a pain to sometimes do things the hard way. How can I export/import a program to cut from 2D to the other software, I hope there is a way, it would solve a bunch for me. Thanks for any and all info on this...Doug

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: software

Post by Adrian »

Select the vectors, go to the File menu and choose Export/DXF. That will create a DXF file that you can import into the other software.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

You might consider upgrading to one of the VCarve titles, then you can do both in one program.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

berrows@comcast.net
Model of CNC Machine: probotix fireball 90

Post by berrows@comcast.net »

Thanks to all who posted a reply to my request. Adrian, I did what you suggested and couldn't believe how easy that was, thanks again. I am not a computer tech in the remotest but between you and my wife, that's all the tech I need, it all worked just the way I needed. Thanks again...Doug

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

You can upgrade Cut2D to VCarve Pro for $110. If you look at all the features come with VCP the price is fantastic and instead of bouncing back and forth between two programs you could do everything in one program and eliminate the headaches... JMTC

Edit: Whoops! :oops: :oops: :oops: Looked at the wrong upgrade information. It would be $250 to go from Cut2D to VCP. I think... :oops: :oops: :oops:
John
Maker of Chips