HHC A11e Not working

Ken Tipton
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

HHC A11e Not working

Post by Ken Tipton »

I know this is a vectric forum but just wanted to see if anyone else might of had this issue. I searched the internet but can't find much. I have a laguna IQ and it uses the Richauto A11e Hand Held Controller. I went to use my machine the other day after not using it for about a month and the controller is just a blank green screen. I have since bought a new one and just waiting for it to arrive. I would like to revive this one to have a spare but from any reading I have done it seems as though it might be dead. Does anyone know where there might be a repair center or a place to send this to? Thanks for any help.

Ken

Steve Misher
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4

Re: HHC A11e Not working

Post by Steve Misher »

I would call Laguna to see if they will assist you!

Ken Tipton
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by Ken Tipton »

I originally contacted Laguna, and the only assistance they could be was to offer me a new controller for $1000.00. The controller only has a 1 year warranty and I am over that. I bought a new one from China for around $320 and just need to wait for it. I just thought since I now have two I would get this one repaired so I can have a back up. It is kind of concerning because I don't have a ton of hours on this machine and I always disconnect the controller and put it away after use. It has never fallen or been banged around and yet it just stopped working. The Internet is full of stories like this, and some have got them to come back from the dead. I can not for the life of me get it work so I was looking for a repair center. Laguna did not disclose to me their repair center but I assume it is in China, because the tech said they collect quite a few and then ship all at once a couple of times a year. When they get them back they sale them refurbished for $450.00. They have no refurbished units at this time.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

For the same money (plus a cheap computer) you could install a Centroid Acorn controller. US made, rock solid and a very active forum.

http://centroidcncforum.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com