Laguna Swift - Shuts down on Prog Execution

Tioga
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift

Laguna Swift - Shuts down on Prog Execution

Post by Tioga »

(Bear in mind that I'm new to the CNC world.) My Laguna Swift shuts down after initiating any program. Program execution was working fine for more than15 different jobs over the last two weeks. Today I decided to plane the spoil board, wrote a simple "pocket" program - a rectangle, slightly bigger than the spoil board, using 1.125" planing bit, 15000 rpm, .02" depth, 150 ips, raster path, 50% overlap. Program started fine. Proceeded cutting across the spoil board for about 20 passes, then quit. I was not at the machine when it stopped. Repowered the machine, manually ran the spindle in the x,y and z axises - worked fine. Tried to restart the planing program but execution stopped immediately after the spindle powered up. The Rich A11 HHC screen went dead and the inverter display posted "A o c". (BTW I'm running directly from a thumb drive to the HHC.) Restarted and tried another older program - same result: spindle powers up, no axis movements, HHC goes dead, inverter display "A o c".

Called Laguna help but apparently I'm to far down in the queue to get help today. Anyone have a similar experience or suggestions.

Tom
Tom

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Re: Laguna Swift - Shuts down on Prog Execution

Post by ger21 »

Sounds like a bad spindle or VFD.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Tioga
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift

Re: Laguna Swift - Shuts down on Prog Execution

Post by Tioga »

Worked with the Laguna tech yesterday. Based on symptoms, diagnostic code and wiring inspection, we're replacing the cable. New one should arrive tomorrow.
Tom