Stop Button is on

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Stop Button is on

Post by Stephen50 »

What led up to this situation, is the zero plate moved on my Desktop and the bit came in contact with an immovable material namely the piece of wood I was planning on cutting. When the machine didn't zero out an error message reading The Remote Stop Button connected to Input #4 appears to be On and needs to be checked. What does the message mean needs to be checked, if it needs to be turned off could someone advise me how to accomplish this.

Another warning I received read Paused in Movement or File Action: Limit triggered! Disable to run file or make a move, or use Key Pad to move off. The option of using the key pad at this point in time is a non-player. Any attempt to move any of the x, y, or z axis fail to operate.

Anyone have suggestions to assist me in correcting the problem I created? If so, request specific instructions since I don't modify anything as I'm not sure what I'm doing, and I don't want to create bigger problems than I have right now

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Stop Button is on

Post by Adrian »

If you have it on your ShopBot you would need to press the blue reset button to reset the controller or turn off/on again. If you've tripped the stop that might mean you've exceed a limit switch as well so you would need to bring up the keypad and move the axis away from the limit switch. The keypad won't work until you've reset the controller.

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Re: Stop Button is on

Post by Stephen50 »

Thanks for the quick reply the problem is resolved.