Spindle speed with Mach3 problem

ikessky

Spindle speed with Mach3 problem

Post by ikessky »

I'm running a PDJ router with Mach3 and a 2.2kw spindle with VFD. In the middle of a run yesterday, I received an error that the UC100 motion controller lost connection. I restarted the cycle and everything seemed to be OK. Now today I went to run another job and I find that no matter what my speed set in Aspire is, my spindle goes right up to 24,000 RPM's. However, Mach3 will not show what RPM it's running, only what the S was supposed to be and the Override. The spindle does respond to a speed decrease and increase. I seems as though the VFD speed is double what Mach3 shows it should be (i.e. Mach3 shows 8,500 RPM and the VFD is around 17,000).

Anyone got any suggestions? I checked my wire connections and they are sound. I also re-installed Mach3.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Spindle speed with Mach3 problem

Post by martin54 »

Have you checked there are no breaks in the wires ? Do a continuity check to make sure there aren't any, if you had a problem with the UC100 did you try uninstalling & then reinstalling it as well as mach3 ?

Not a set up I am familiar with just trying to think what I might do if I had a similar problem :lol: :lol: :lol:

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

What are you using to control the speed? RS-485 and plugin? 0-10V?
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post by wmgeorge »

It could be a computer issue also. What operating system and is it connected to the internet?