Cheap 4th axis or Indexer for my CNC?

weirdbeard
Model of CNC Machine: Jcut

Cheap 4th axis or Indexer for my CNC?

Post by weirdbeard »

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of investigating buying a 4th axis or Indexer for my CNC.

Id love to hear from others who have gone ahead and retro fitted one onto their CNCs.

Im not looking to spend a fortune on one and have seen that i can order a cheap Chinese one strait off Ebay... Has any one out there had an experience with cheap Chinese Indexers?

Any Info would be good

Thanks

Lee

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Cheap 4th axis or Indexer for my CNC?

Post by Leo »

I have a Chinese machine and I got it fitted with a rotary axis. It's not an indexer, it's a full rotary axis.

I work with high end CNC metal cutting machines at work in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and with high end rotary axis's on those machines.

NO - the Chinese stuff is NOT there.

They are of a lower quality, but they are functional. I have a larger unit with an 8" three jaw chuck and a NEMA 32 motor.

I have cut 6" diameter stuff and pushed it pretty hard. It takes is well. It is a functional unit. It is NOT super precision and it is NOT a finely tuned work or art. The bones are pretty good.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Re: Cheap 4th axis or Indexer for my CNC?

Post by PaulRowntree »

How much would you expect to pay for a solid indexer that would allow off-axis wood machining ?
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com