Shopbot Buddy or CAMaster Stinger1??

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: Shopbot Buddy or CAMaster Stinger1??

Post by scottp55 »

Yep:)
Dick(the guy next to me in the pic), had a full size Shopbot for years and then decided to downsize and wanted a Desktop Max, but they hadn't come out yet(and the estimated date kept changing), so he bought a StingerI with spindle:)
Except for the pain of learning WINCNC after so many years of Shopbot commands...last I heard he was loving it:)
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

Post by Gundawg »

I started with a ShopBot they make a decent machine I now have a ShopSabre IS 510 which uses the WINCNC control like the CamMaster I prefer the WINCNC controller to the SB. Shopbot relies on a Windows PC but does not have the dedicated daughter board that communicates with your machine like WINCNC does. I found the ShopBot control system to be glitchy at times. I liked the people at ShopBot but when I upgraded they did not have a machine that competes with the machine I got. If the power stick is important then go with the SB I would say either will work fine for a hobby machine.

Mike

Uncle Bob
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick 3x5 ATC

Post by Uncle Bob »

Look at Legacy Woodworking as well. Imho much better built and supported than CAMaster and Better machine than Shopbot, thoughShopbot does have a strong support system.

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Uncle Bob wrote:Look at Legacy Woodworking as well. Imho much better built and supported than CAMaster and Better machine than Shopbot, thoughShopbot does have a strong support system.

Curious what makes you think legacy better supported than cam ?
Has an established support forum that has been active for years with 1,000's of posts, can often get any problems solved and questioned answered within hours there, sometimes minutes.
Some of the top problem solvers make themselves personally available nearly 24/7, and official tech support is a phone call or email away.

In contrast, I see the legacy forum is nearly barren of posts, and support looks to be a http fill in form that advises to wait 24 hours for a response.
Don't know about build, you are flat out wrong about support far as I can see.
Doug