Laguna HHC Connection to computer with USB Cable

jib2
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC

Laguna HHC Connection to computer with USB Cable

Post by jib2 »

Has anyone connected their Hand Held Controller (HHC) directly to their computer using a USB cable to download files directly to the HHC? When I connect it to my Windows 10 PC it does not show up. I was under the impression from Laguna that it was possible to connect it directly using a USB cable plugged directly into the bottom port on the HHC.

Anyone have a idea why its will not show up as a drive in my file explorer? HHC powers up so I know its getting power.

Thanks - Tried to log into the forum on Laguna's website however they do not seem to be supporting their forum.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Laguna HHC Connection to computer with USB Cable

Post by martin54 »

Not familiar with the company so can't say for sure but could it be a driver issue? May be that you need to install a driver for the device to show up on your computer.

jib2
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC

Post by jib2 »

Thanks Martin, I thought of that but my understanding was that it was suppose to act like a USB thumb drive. Going to try to get ahold of someone at Laguna to see what is up. But I will do a driver search to see what it will turn up.

Robert Kulp
Model of CNC Machine: laguna swift 5x10

Post by Robert Kulp »

Did u ever figure this out? I'm trying the same thing and can't find a answer anywhere

litzluth
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by litzluth »

My Laguna uses a Rich Auto A11-E controller. You can download the manual for that.
http://www.richnc.com.cn:9092/en/service/download/
It spells out (in a fairly awkward translation) a procedure (if you have a sufficiently recent firmware version) for loading a file from a computer using a USB cable at pp.57-58. It isn't really clear from the translation, but you may have to have the parallel cable to the hand held controller disconnected, and the hand controller powered by the computer via the USB. If that is the case, sort of defeats the purpose.