Time for a bigger monitor

newmexico
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Re: Time for a bigger monitor

Post by newmexico »

Yes on the dual monitor setup.
Also, a wireless network to transfer files from the CAD office to the shop computer.

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Vytek 4' X 8' - Perske Spindle - Mach3

Post by ChrisInEstes »

I realize it's Windows that's handling the 2 monitors, and there are several settings... which mostly I don't fully understand yet. With random Windows monitor settings changing, I managed to get one monitor doing one thing, and the other monitor showing what was being done, and a mouse pointer that would not travel from 1 to the other, and had to switch cables to get control & display back to the same monitor. :lol:

I've looked at DisplayFusion, and for me, it adds another layer of non-understanding & complication to my set-up. Maybe when I figure out how to get the Windows settings as good as they can be for my setup, and if I find it lacking, I'll see if DF will do something I need. Like Adrian, I'd rather not have 3rd party applications unless there's an overwhelming need.

The video card is an XFX brand, model FX-775A-CGFR... an AMD Radeon HD 7700 series. I bought it in November of 2013. Here's a link if you want the specifics about it.

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/all- ... -775a-cgfv

I'll get it figured out. I'm just slow at things right now... Been sick for 3 months with some respiratory virus thing that JUST. WON'T. GIVE. UP. so I pretty much always feel like I've been awake for 24 hours straight. I'd take a nap, but I'd wake up just as tired and be that much further behind. :lol:

Thanks for the input!

Chris
Aspire 9.5 - FlexiEXPERT 11 - Vytek Rebel 4' x 8' - 5HP Perske Spindle

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Chris, if you are using AMD graphics then you will more than likely have Crimson already installed on your machine, if you have then use that to set up your monitors :lol: :lol:

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Vytek 4' X 8' - Perske Spindle - Mach3

Post by ChrisInEstes »

Yeah, the card has it's own control software... I've poked around in it, but it didn't help with the 2 monitors being different resolutions.

I thought about trying my two matching resolution DELL 24-inchers on the CAD 'puter, and using the new one on the old Dell "general" 'puter, but the on-board graphics chip won't handle 2560 x 1440, and there's no expansion slots for a graphics card. So, for now, I'm using the new 27" alone on the CAD 'puter till I get another one of the same resolution, or something different altogether.

I see going from a single 24" to a higher res 27" as a worthwhile upgrade, even though the 2-monitor setup didn't work out.

Thanks for all the input!
Chris
Aspire 9.5 - FlexiEXPERT 11 - Vytek Rebel 4' x 8' - 5HP Perske Spindle

Paramoose
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity Journeyman x50

Post by Paramoose »

ger21 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 am
I'll say this one more time.
Display Fusion is an awesome program for dealing with multiple monitors. Everyone should look into it.
Any idea if it works with parallels on a Mac? Download the Mac OS version or windows version? Thanks in advance!

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

I am running dual LG 35"

Easy on my eyes and the wife (love of my life) told me after looking at my setup, she now "requires" the same... Now! :)

I placed the order for two more that day!
Attachments
LG35.png
Thanks,
Jim