Proxxon MF70 mill CNC ready - Setup

Kencar
Model of CNC Machine: Proxxon MF70 mill

Proxxon MF70 mill CNC ready - Setup

Post by Kencar »

Hi

I'm totally new to CNC. I've been drawing in Rhino3D for many years and have been thinking about CNC for a long time and now I just trowed my self into it.

I bought a Proxxon MF70 CNC ready mill
And now I'm struggling to find out what kinds of electronics to buy. (I know nothing about electronics, but I read, and read and read :? ) The machine has 3 cables with Sub-D9 male plugs for the step drivers, and an AC male connecter from the mill to "some future controller".

I read that ethernet smoothstepper is the way to go, so for now I think of buying:

1 Ethernetcable - to connect the pc to the ESS
1 Ethernet SmoothStepper (ESS)
1 DB25 male to IDC26 female (Parallel to 26 pin ribbon cable) - to connect the ESS and the Brakeout board.
3 Stepmotor drives DM420A
1 Emerency stop button
1 Breakout board
1 Power supply 24 V – 200W - for the drives / motors
1 MEAN WELL RS-15-5 - for both the breakoutboard and the smoothstepper
3 SUB-D9 female plugs.
3 0.5mm2 cables (10 Meters) - to connect all the small details

But then comes the big question:
Where do I connect the AC connecter from the mill itself?
Does it need another separate power supply and what kind of connecter to use between the mill and the brakeout board?

The reason why the voltage is different than most of you probably are used to. Is of course because that I live in the Faroe Islands, Europe.

Hope someone has a few pointers. :)
Attachments
AC plug.jpg

Kencar
Model of CNC Machine: Proxxon MF70 mill

Re: Proxxon MF70 mill CNC ready - Setup

Post by Kencar »

I figured it out by my self.

See you in another post. :)

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Proxxon MF70 mill CNC ready - Setup

Post by martin54 »

This forum is really more about the software than actually building or converting a machine which is probably why you didn't get a lot of help, I would suggest if you have questions about your conversion you join a forum like cnc zone where there are a lot of people doing the same sort of thing, you will probably find people who have converted the same machine you have who could advise you better.

Just to add there are other build forums as well as cnc zone, I use to use mycnc.co.uk which is UK based where I live so try a search for cnc build forums :lol: