VistaCNC pendant ?

cstmwrks
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNCRP PRO 4848

VistaCNC pendant ?

Post by cstmwrks »

Anyone here use a Vista CNC pendant with there machine? I'm looking at getting one and was looking for input on the digital readout vs no digital readout on the pendant.
This:

VS this:

Is the readout a must have if your going to get a pendant?

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: VistaCNC pendant ?

Post by Leo »

I have the one with the readout.

It is the Cat's MeeYow. LOVE it. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Mine is another model up from what you show.

I can cycle start, spindle start stop, home an axis, zero an axis, etc. I use all of it.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

cstmwrks
Vectric Craftsman

Post by cstmwrks »

Leo wrote:I have the one with the readout.

It is the Cat's MeeYow. LOVE it. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Mine is another model up from what you show.

I can cycle start, spindle start stop, home an axis, zero an axis, etc. I use all of it.
Thanks for the input. So pretty much I should just spend the $$ and get the full featured one. I hear that it's safer to go with a cable version and not wireless. You have this one?

Leo
Vectric Wizard

Post by Leo »

P2S.jpg

This is the one I have P2S

My reasons:

1) I like the knobs and dials.
I am a manufacturing engineer and work on CNC machines with pendants a LOT. I just like knobs that go "click" and I fan feel that without looking at a pad and seeing what is selected. I have good experience and many pendants to compare.

2) Functionality
This model has all the functions I want. V-the faster you turn the wheel, the faster the machine moves, slower=slower, C-no matter how fast or slow you turn the wheel, the machine moves at a constant speed. S=Steps per click. I can cycle start/hold, spindle start stop, program reset, zero axis, home all, and FUNCTIONS, which I set to home individual axis. I like especially to home Z individually.

Lastly, the F-Override function - I use that !!EVERY!! single time I start a new program. As I said, I do this stuff at work and I always start a program slowly. This to me is the biggest most important feature.

3) Size
It is a nice one hand operation. I have small hands and this is "just right"

4) Wired
I just don't like wireless, several reasons, but I want the assurance of the direct connection.

5) Clicks on wheel.
There are 100 clicks on the wheel. that means finer resolution. Others are 50 clicks.

6) Display
I like the display on the pendant - it is convenient.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

cstmwrks
Vectric Craftsman

Post by cstmwrks »

OK your high pressure sales tactics have worked. I've gotta have the same one.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

cstmwrks wrote:OK your high pressure sales tactics have worked. I've gotta have the same one.
Yep know what you mean, now I want to go out & buy one & I'm not even looking for a pendant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cstmwrks
Vectric Craftsman

Post by cstmwrks »

martin54 wrote:
cstmwrks wrote:OK your high pressure sales tactics have worked. I've gotta have the same one.
Yep know what you mean, now I want to go out & buy one & I'm not even looking for a pendant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
psst... they ship overseas... :twisted:

Leo
Vectric Wizard

Post by Leo »

Sorry, I don't mean to try to talk anybody into anything. Just trying to offer up as much information as possible. This was my 4-th pendant on my home machine, after trying others.

I guess I can be pretty passionate about things sometimes.

I should tone it down.

Still, I do, think you will like it.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Leo, I was just joking, you should know what I am like by now :lol: :lol:

Far as I am concerned the more detail the better so don't tone anything down, great the way it is just now :lol: :lol: :lol:

A pendant isn't really something I can afford but if I am in a position to buy one in the future then I would be quite happy to buy on your recommendation.

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Leo,
I am glad your for your comments and insights. Being relatively new to the cnc world I will take all of the foresight and suggestions that I can get.

My question to you is can I use this controller on my post proccesor. I am running Flashcut 4.0.94 would love to have a pendant for those times when the mouse just doenst cut it. 8) 8) 8)
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

cstmwrks
Vectric Craftsman

Post by cstmwrks »

dwilli9013 wrote:Leo,
I am glad your for your comments and insights. Being relatively new to the cnc world I will take all of the foresight and suggestions that I can get.

My question to you is can I use this controller on my post proccesor. I am running Flashcut 4.0.94 would love to have a pendant for those times when the mouse just doenst cut it. 8) 8) 8)
The pendants made by Vista are for machines that us MACH 3 / 4, Linux CNC and UCCNC control software. So not knowing 100% though I would suspect the answer may be no. Flashcut offers a pendant but seeing the request quote button kinda sound expensive. Also does not look as cool as the Vista one.

cstmwrks
Vectric Craftsman

Post by cstmwrks »

Leo wrote:Sorry, I don't mean to try to talk anybody into anything. Just trying to offer up as much information as possible. This was my 4-th pendant on my home machine, after trying others.

I guess I can be pretty passionate about things sometimes.

I should tone it down.

Still, I do, think you will like it.
My comment was said in humor. If what you said was true high pressure sales tactics you would be convincing me I need one even if I didn't own a CNC machine. :shock:

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard

Post by dwilli9013 »

cstmwrks wrote:

The pendants made by Vista are for machines that us MACH 3 / 4, Linux CNC and UCCNC control software. So not knowing 100% though I would suspect the answer may be no. Flashcut offers a pendant but seeing the request quote button kinda sound expensive. Also does not look as cool as the Vista one.

I agree I have also seen the request for quote on the Flashcut web site. Just haven't utilized it yet.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

I agree that these handheld units can be a real timesaver. My favorite is a wired version of the XHC, for use with WinCNC. Plenty of customizable buttons and macros for each, plus it track both machine and user coordinates. See below.
Attachments
Pendant.JPG
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard

Post by dwilli9013 »

dwilli9013 wrote:
cstmwrks wrote:

I agree I have also seen the request for quote on the Flashcut web site. Just haven't utilized it yet.
Well requested the quote on the Flashcut controller pendant. 395 bucks. Hmmmm
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli