I need a post that Probotix will read without errors

poolrod
Model of CNC Machine: Mazak/Probotix Meteor Fireball

I need a post that Probotix will read without errors

Post by poolrod »

I have a Meteor Fireball. Thank you everyone.

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shop-Made Router

Re: I need a post that Probotix will read without errors

Post by JoeM »

Does your machine come with some special controller or are you using LinuxCNC (that's what they advertise), Mach3 or ???. ?
What processor are you using now, and what errors are you getting?

poolrod

Post by poolrod »

It is LynuxCNC using EMC2 control. I tried a Mastercam router post, it errored out when loading the code. I guess Mastercam won't drive it. Aspire will be my next attemp.

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JoeM »

It's LinuxCNC, with an i, not a y.
The correct post processor is, wait for it........

LinuxCNC Arcs. (.ngc)

Inch or mm, whichever you prefer.

poolrod

Post by poolrod »

Thank you, Joel.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Just following on a bit from what Joe has said, in a case like this where you are using 3rd party control software like mach of linuxcnc the actual make & model of cnc machine is irrelevant. The machine parameters are all set up within the control software when you configured it & the control software has absolutely no idea what machine it is driving :lol: :lol:

What ever native units you used to set up & calibrate the machine initially will govern which post processor you use. when setting up the machine if you chose inches as the native units then use the linuxcnc post processor for inches, if you set up using mm then use the mm version of the post processor.

It doesn't matter what units you use during the design process in vectric software you MUST still use the same post processor your linuxcnc control software has been set up with.

If linuxcnc has been set up using inches as native units & the design you had worked on in Vectric had been in mm you would still use the linuxcnc inch post processor when saving your g code files & obviously vice versa :lol: :lol:

woody53
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor 25 x 50

Post by woody53 »

EMC2-G64Arcs(inch)(*.ngc) been working for me for 3 years perfect

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JoeM »

martin54 wrote:
It doesn't matter what units you use during the design process in vectric software you MUST still use the same post processor your linuxcnc control software has been set up with.
Martin - No, this is incorrect. I use LinuxCNC. My machine is set up in mm. I use the inches post processors. It makes no difference. The first line of the g-code produced by each PP includes the command G20 or G21. That tells LinuxCNC to start reading/moving in inches or mm and it switches over if it needs to.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

JoeM wrote:
martin54 wrote:
Martin - No, this is incorrect. I use LinuxCNC. My machine is set up in mm. I use the inches post processors. It makes no difference. The first line of the g-code produced by each PP includes the command G20 or G21. That tells LinuxCNC to start reading/moving in inches or mm and it switches over if it needs to.
My apologies Joe & to the OP, I use mach3 & was told at the very start that I had to use the correct post processor for the control software, I always use arcs/mm.txt because my machine has been set up to use metric units. Have done a few projects where the design software used inches but using the arcs/mm post processor still gave me the correct results.
Read several posts on here where people had used the wrong flavour post processor & the project had either tried to machine really small or the machine shot off & hit the axis stops.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Some Post Processors do switch but it is good practice to use the same units in the PP as the machine is set up for. It's one less variable to worry about and I can't see any advantage to having them different.

poolrod

Post by poolrod »

Thank you, all, I was making my toolpaths in Mastercam, and posting the file in Mastercam router post, and my machine wouldn't read the code. My model needs work to on transition please.
Attachments
Complete.jpg

poolrod

Post by poolrod »

I used a Probotix post, PROBOTIX_LinuxCNC_Arc_Inch.pp and I just had to delete an error line o100 CALL [1] for it to load, is it needed for anything?.

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JoeM »

poolrod wrote:I used a Probotix post, PROBOTIX_LinuxCNC_Arc_Inch.pp and I just had to delete an error line o100 CALL [1] for it to load, is it needed for anything?.
Where did you get that PP? It's not on my list in V-Carve. You are using V-Carve right or Aspire or some other Vectric program right?