What CNC machine can do this?

darijan
Model of CNC Machine: STEPKRAFT 2 840

What CNC machine can do this?

Post by darijan »

I was wondering what commercially available CNC machine could do this (please see image below)?
I need to produce small quantities from time to time, nothing big or professional.
I have Stepkraft with HF840 spindle but somehow I am sceptic about it when it comes to plates such as these.

Thank you all in advance for your thoughts on this.
Dari
Attachments
metalplates.png

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: What CNC machine can do this?

Post by martin54 »

if you are looking at cutting metals then you need to be looking at Mills rather than routers, don't have any experience on what small cnc mills might be available as everything I did was on large manual machines many years ago but have seen a few that would cope with small batches in various places on the net :lol: :lol:
It's not just the fact that your machine is probably not rigid enough for the job, you need a much slower speed spindle as well.

darijan
Model of CNC Machine: STEPKRAFT 2 840

Post by darijan »

Thank you martin54.
I figured my machine won't be able to do this and buying machine that could is probably very expensive.
Thanks for your feedback.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

It might be that your machine would be able to do what you want but it won't do it as well or as quickly as a dedicated mill. There are far to many variables that need to be taken into account so really the only way to be sure is to experiment a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

If this is something for yourself & time is not to much of an issue then you may be able to get good results, if it is for a business & you intend selling them then the actual production time may make then to expensive to be a viable product, trial & error are really the only way to find out.