dust collection

danmurphy68
Model of CNC Machine: torchmate 4 x 4

dust collection

Post by danmurphy68 »

what do you use for dust collection and also what do you use for on the rotor head

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: dust collection

Post by Rcnewcomb »

An inexpensive 1HP dust collector from a big box store was adequate for our CNC once we added a DIY cyclone.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

jib2
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC

Post by jib2 »

I use a 1 1/2 hp Delta collector converted to 220v and added an Onieda cyclone to it and it works fantastic. Had to make some inexpensive modifications to the Delta to make it fit the cyclone. I added this cyclone about a year ago so now all dust drops into a bin below the cyclone and nothing ever ends up in the Delta plastic bag. It is now a breeze to empty and I never have the cost of replacing the delta plastic bag. Just remove the bin below the cyclone and dump it every so often.

As far as the CNC goes I have a 2 1/2" hose running from the Delta/ Cyclone running overhead to the dust enclosure around the CNC spindle 4" hole reduced to fit the 2 1/2" hose on both ends. It works great and the hose is easily removed at the spindle to allow clean up around the CNC as necessary.

Hope this helps. If you need any additional information as to how I modified the Delta to add the cyclone just let me know.

jib2
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC

Post by jib2 »

Here is some pictures of the conversion. Hope this give you a better idea of how it was done. Sorry about the orientation of the photos. Not sure why that happened. However I think it still give you the information of the modification.
Attachments
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG