cncconversionkit.com

Beltramidave
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: FLA Saturn 4x4 / 7W & 60W lasers

cncconversionkit.com

Post by Beltramidave »

Has anyone had any experience with these cnc kits? They look very nice and inexpensive too!
http://www.cncconversionkit.com/72-cnc- ... t-7-z-axis
Dave
https://lakesedgewoodcraft.com/

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Re: cncconversionkit.com

Post by NormanAlbert »

No I Haven't. You have a much different idea of what inexpensive is. :D

Beltramidave
Vectric Wizard

Post by Beltramidave »

I think it is pretty reasonable for the quality of the kits.
Dave

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

This is one of those questions that you could debate for ever & still not agree on lol, when it comes to something like cnc machines there are nearly always ways that they can be improved & you can spend an absolute fortune on buying/building/upgrading a machine if that's what you want to do.
Is it expensive? Well it's a lot of money for someone like myself so from that point of view alone then yes it is. Could you buy cheaper? You certainly could, I know a guy who built his machine using online cheap plans with mostly mdf parts with aluminium right angle & skate bearings for linear rails, threaded bar on all 3 axis for movement & a cheap as chips diy router. He has produced some pretty good work with it. He is very limited with what it will cut, it is slow & not the most accurate machine available, he doesn't run it that often & I doubt it would stand up to a lot of use but it does what he needs it to.

Looking at the kits that were linked to it looks like they have produced a kit which can be put together by just about anyone with no special training or special tools. Reading what is supplied it looks like they would make a very capable machine & for the price they are asking looks to be extremely good value for money. To my mind they have gone about it the right way, twin motors on the long axis, flat profile rail for all linear rails, c7 ballscrews all round, separate drivers for each axis, spindle & vfd. These are all features I would personally like on a machine, all of them have cheaper alternatives so the kit could be made cheaper if they chose to go down that road but they haven't.
I actually think some of the larger manufacturers have compromised their builds by using cheaper components in the quest to produce a cheaper machine.

Sorry about the length of the post, really just my own opinion but I would say that if the quality of the supplied parts is as good as the specs read then it is a pretty good price for what you are getting. You could probably buy a bit cheaper if you sourced all the components seperately from different suppliers but I doubt you would save much, especially if you had to get someone to machine some of the parts for you.

RyanS
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Post by RyanS »

Just my opnion - I don't own either - but Cncrouterparts has much better reviews on thier machines. They are nearly comparable price wise.

This has definitely peaked my interest, though, since cncconversionkit is only 1 hour from me.

Beltramidave
Vectric Wizard

Post by Beltramidave »

Thanks for the replies. I think if I was to decide today that I would go with the cncrouterparts machine based on there reviews. I do like the aluminum plates used in the cnc conversion kit design though.
Dave

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I don't know either company so can't comment on one or the other as far as quality & feedback/reviews go but cncrouterparts have been on the go a lot longer from what I can see so that may account for the fact that they have a lot more reviews. If price is comparable then components certainly aren't, the cnc routerparts machine doesn't come close to the cncconversionkits machine if you look at the specs for each machine.
Definately worth a trip to see them if they are only an hour or so away from you.

Personally I would be looking more at the cncconversionkits machine but it's always difficult when there isn't to much to go on review/feedback wise. Depending on cost it might be worth giving them a visit to see for yourself.

Beltramidave
Vectric Wizard

Post by Beltramidave »

If you go to cnc zone forum you will find more discussion on cncconversionkit. Most of it is with slow response and missing parts.
I do agree that they do look like a well built kit. I hope if someone gets a chance to go see one in person that they report back.
Dave

knowlzy0791
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PAE 110SD Series/Mach3 Software

Post by knowlzy0791 »

If you do decide to go with the cncconversionkit please post some updates. It definitely caught my interest.

cncconversionkit
Model of CNC Machine: cnc router

Post by cncconversionkit »

Hi my name is Peter

I am not replying here to promote myself, I am replying to let people know whats going on.
@dah79 I want to reply to what you posted about the reviews on CNC zone.
I already replied a few times based on the problem with CNC zone
We have many orders It just so happened we had problems like this twice
At that moment we have been waiting for a shipment , Everything that happened was because of customs. When we already began cutting out parts Then two people out of that 40 orders
had a missing 5 or 6 small parts. You u can imagine anyone having that problem when having so many orders. I have not seen more then 2 or 3 reviews after selling 300 or 400 machines and around 400 kits. All I wanted to say I said. Again i'm gonna point out I am not replying to promote myself I dont need that.

Beltramidave
Vectric Wizard

Post by Beltramidave »

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. First of all, I was not bashing you or your company. I was looking for current reviews for a product that looked like a well built machine and my comments were based on the reviews I found.

I can understand the frustration that late shipments can cause for both you and your customers. If you have reviews from satisfied customers, you should post them too.

Dave
Dave

Andrewhare12
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4x7

Post by Andrewhare12 »

I bought a Cnc Router kit 4 x 8 x8 from cncconversionkit.com to start off I'm a noob when it comes to Cnc I just started to trying new things. . First off I really didn't know if I should order from them. I was searching for reviews on the internet about the company and have found some that weren't the best(the review that I found were a little older from 2011 or 2012), I decided to give them a call I told him about the reviews he said it was something about his products not arriving from China something like that. I explained what I was trying to do and what I want to make with the machine to Peter. Long story short everything arrived and everything looked good. I had problems with the electronics so I was on the phone with him at least 20 times I think he got annoyed lool.... But he didn't say anything he was really helpful. I'm happy with the product I got..... Just thought I share my experience with the company.