CNC Router NewBie

sebashtionh
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: pilot pro 2642

CNC Router NewBie

Post by sebashtionh »

Hello, I hope this is the right forum to ask this. I Ordered my CNC Router and have never used one. Are there training DVDs/Videos for how to operate one safely? Training on job set up, Speeds and feeds, Where to start with bit selection, I am going to do 3d carvings, V carvings, cutting out templates for my woodworking, Logos In Wood..... pretty much a welcome to cnc routing.... please remember I have never used one, I have 23 years in custom cabinets and High end Furniture, so not new to tools just CNC Routers.
I have been going thru the Aspire Tutorials ( this is the software I bought waiting for it to come in) and still have a lot to learn but where to go from design, to tool paths, to???

thanks in advance for your help

Sebashtion H.

sebashtionh
Vectric Apprentice

Re: CNC Router NewBie

Post by sebashtionh »

I received an email stating I have a privet message but I cannot read it, it says
"We are sorry, but you are not authorized to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Have a read of this excellent document produced by Vectric - http://www.vectric.com/media/docs/suppo ... ic2013.pdf

The actual operation etc of the tool should be covered in the documentation you receive with it. They all have their own way of doing things and different types of control software.

Everything you need to know has been asked and replied to many times in this forum so the Search feature at the top will be your best way of getting a lot of info quickly.

Not sure who is sending you PM's but you can't read or send PM's until you've been active on the forum for a while.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

It's oriented towards VCarvePro and Shopbot of course, But TJ has done some excellent hands on classes on these vids;
http://www.shopbottools.com/mSupport/tutorials.htm
Just pick one that interests you, Maybe Safe-Z?
Most are about a half hour long and he used to be a shop teacher, so they're not dry.
scott
Hope it helps
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Dclifton2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: home built shopbot clone. CNC lathe

Post by Dclifton2 »

Where in florida are you located. I'm in Port Orange, If your closes by maybe I can help or know someone in your area.
Don

sebashtionh
Vectric Apprentice

Post by sebashtionh »

Thank you for the links
Im in Spring Hill just north of tampa

Dclifton2
Vectric Wizard

Post by Dclifton2 »

That's a ways, I worked in Springhill back in the 70's. Your about two and a half hours away from me. I have a friend in the Tampa area if you want to take a trip I'm sure he would love to walk you thru any thing you need to know. He has a Shopbot that we converted to run Mach3 and also has a Hass CNC mill. If your interested contact me off forum (PM) and I will give his info to you. I already contacted him and he is willing to work with you.
thanks
Donald Clifton

Dclifton2
Vectric Wizard

Post by Dclifton2 »

I see in one of the post you can't read or send a PM. You can call me at 386-761-8421
Don

sebashtionh
Vectric Apprentice

Post by sebashtionh »

thank you! yes not getting or writing PMs yet I'm seriously new here :) what are good times to call during the week?

Dclifton2
Vectric Wizard

Post by Dclifton2 »

Anytime, if I'm not home just leave a message and I will call you back. I'm retired so I'm home most of the time.
Don

sebashtionh
Vectric Apprentice

Post by sebashtionh »

Dclifton2 wrote:Anytime, if I'm not home just leave a message and I will call you back. I'm retired so I'm home most of the time.
Don
sorry I got busy!!!!! I will call this weekend if thats ok.....

Dukie94
Model of CNC Machine: CNC wood router QC 1325

Post by Dukie94 »

sebashtionh wrote:Hello, I hope this is the right forum to ask this. I Ordered my CNC Router and have never used one. Are there training DVDs/Videos for how to operate one safely? Training on job set up, Speeds and feeds, Where to start with bit selection, I am going to do 3d carvings, V carvings, cutting out templates for my woodworking, Logos In Wood..... pretty much a welcome to cnc routing.... please remember I have never used one, I have 23 years in custom cabinets and High end Furniture, so not new to tools just CNC Routers.
I have been going thru the Aspire Tutorials ( this is the software I bought waiting for it to come in) and still have a lot to learn but where to go from design, to tool paths, to???

thanks in advance for your help

Sebashtion H.
Hi Sebashtion,

My name I Philip and I am also new to CNC routing. I got my machine in April. I am looking to manufacture cabinets and furniture with my cnc router.
I am trying to find an easy way to layout and run parts with the vectric software.
Can you help?
Thank you,
Philip