Z position - not working when designed on different computer

SawdustLady
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna

Z position - not working when designed on different computer

Post by SawdustLady »

I hope this is in the right place...if not ..please forgive. I'm new and a little green!

I have Vcarve pro 7 installed on a desktop that I keep beside my Laguna desktop router. Each time I design a file -- I have no issues and all goes as planned.

I attempted to install my software to a laptop that I could use to design on in my home office and experienced an issue I can't figure out. The router does not lower to the cutting surface but instead lowers about 1/2 an inch and then appears to cut the design but ends up cutting air instead. I checked my settings side by side until I was blue in the face but couldn't find anything that was different in terms of material set up/my cut path, etc.

So I installed it on another laptop - same issue. So then thinking perhaps the laptop may handle the files differently (for whatever crazy reason) I'd try another desktop....same issue!

All I can gather is that somehow there is a setting on the actual router that has been changed to accommodate the program settings installed on the original desktop but again...that would imply there are different software settings still on the original vs. the other 3 computer versions!

Please help...I'm getting so tired of lugging around a LARGE CPU....

I'm choosing the same processor (Laguna IQ BR) when I set up my cut file. I've checked my material settings and Z zero to make sure it's consistent.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Z position - not working when designed on different comp

Post by Adrian »

If all the settings you can see in the program (Safe Z, Home Z, toolpaths etc etc) are the same then it must be that the post processor (what you select from the list when saving the toolpaths) you are using on the desktop beside the router has a modified Post Processor on it assuming you're selecting the same Post Processor name on each system.

HarleyMike

Post by HarleyMike »

I'm having the exact same problem right now.......any luck on your issue?
"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right".

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

Are you using the same file in both cases?

If not, is the Z0 the same place in the material setup window?
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.