AXYZ 4010 pressure foot

powderdaft
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4010

AXYZ 4010 pressure foot

Post by powderdaft »

Hi all, hoping for some help understanding the pressure foot system (http://www.cncroutershop.com/uk/pfr-e-s ... -foot.html). I have recently set up mu machine but not used it yet to run a toolpath, trying to understand the basics first

My machine has a pressure foot with a switch to move up/down. I assume I move the foot up when setting the tool height then down when cutting. When it is down does it sit firmly under its own pressure on the material or will it increase/reduce pressure when the tool plunges up down. I only ask as when it is down under its own pressure it is very tight hard down and worry that this pressure will cause marks to my wood when it moves across.

Also, when fully down, the bit protrudes past the pressure foot so ion theory the foot will not be against the material when cutting.

Sorry if this is a basic question but it does not make sense to me.

Also the pistons on the pressure foot do not seem to extend the same amount meaning the pressure foot base is not parallel with the machine bed, any ideas?

Thanks

Carrie V
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: GerberSabre408, AXYZ 8010, Thermwood

Re: AXYZ 4010 pressure foot

Post by Carrie V »

Hi Powderdaft,

I have a AXYZ 8010, I route out a lot of printed material and acrylics. I think you would do better with the 5Y pressure foot from AXYZ you can adjust the height to ride just above your material, so it wont scratch it. They also have many different types of pressure foot rings including a brush donuts.

http://www.cncroutershop.com/ca/accesso ... ction.html

5Y Pressure Foot
The 5Y pressure foot system is an extremely efficient swarf and dust collection system.

The foot can be adjusted to float on the material to maximize material hold down or set to skim “touchless” across the surface to ensure that there is no surface scratching.
Its unique and powerful turbine suction action is designed for fast cutting with high swarf volumes.
It can also handle heavy chips from metal cutting. It comes with a range of features and options for many types of cutting.
5Y Pressure Foot

Hope this helps you :)

Cheers

Carrie

powderdaft
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4010

Post by powderdaft »

Hi Carrie, I did see the 5Y but it is pricey, although probably just what I need. I would like to use my standard pressure foot, at least for a while. does anyone know if my standard pressure foot rides against the material or can it be controlled, it has and air supply so I thought it would do more than just go up or down with the turn of a switch?

Thanks

signs 2 signs
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4010 7G ATC , AXYZ 6010 7G ATC'

Post by signs 2 signs »

yes its trial and error setting it up
install your tool as normal and switch the switch to raise the foot up then manually set the spindle so your cutter protrudes enough to cut through your material and the foot has a small amount of gap
then take the foot off and re set the tool depth , re install the foot and keep the air on so the foot does not touch your material
hope this is some help