Looking to upgrade hardware

swaggs21
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Looking to upgrade hardware

Post by swaggs21 »

martin54 wrote: Think you are looking at the wrong picture, the original poster is running a shark, had a look at the website & it is on round rail which looks to be unsupported although it was difficult to tell from the picture I found so could be supported.

The website claims that your machine will run at 200ipm which is double what you seem to be maxing out at just now so there should be a lot of room for improvement. without spending lots of money upgrading this machine.
I thought he said he had one from XYZGantry.com, oops :p
PaulRowntree wrote: Interesting. Although I would agree that good linear profile rail is probably the best, I see that Ahren (cncrouterparts) is using V-rollers on his 'pro' equipment. I suppose this means V-rollers are better than his 'std' line of skate-bearing trucks on flat CRS, which were pretty good to start with.
Oh I agree, when you start getting into the rail systems, it seems that you can be splitting hairs, but profile linear rail is different than anything else you will ever buy, that is why every serious commercial machine uses it.

And hdtheater, you could build a 4'x4' with linear rail for about the same price as the shark pro. Something to think about.

Here is my X/Z (Z has 20mm SBR) with linear rail, built with 1.25" aluminium plate. (Obviously, it was still under construction at this point :o)

-Chris

The new woodworking site:
http://www.33degreeseastww.com