Vacuum Question

knowlzy0791
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PAE 110SD Series/Mach3 Software

Vacuum Question

Post by knowlzy0791 »

I run a 48x120" table. the suction is caused by the vacuum and then sucks through low density particle board which I put my material on top to cut. I have been looking for ways to increase my suction as some of my smaller parts tend to move during cutting.

One thing I found was if I cut off my air inlet completely my suction increases by about 10lbs and makes a wonderful difference. Problem being I know this will cause damage to my vac motor. Are there any regulations or standard guidelines to follow as far as air inlet to vac suction so I can max it out without damaging the vac?

It has an air inlet with a valve that is adjustable and I'm pretty sure there where I can adjust it, but every time I have tried to do so the vac will blow the fuse before start up. I think this is caused by it not being able to create enough suction to pull that valve down and let air in.

Any tips or tricks?

Thanks for your time!

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Vacuum Question

Post by martin54 »

What you call your air inlet is probably a vacuum breaker which is probably leaking if closing it makes a big difference.
Easiest way to control vacuum on a cnc table is to set it up with different zones that can be shut off completely when that part of the table is not covered, other way you could do it is with some old bits of board to lay across the parts of the table that aren't being used but that won't be as effective.

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Post by PaulRowntree »

If it is a regenerative blower http://www.pneumaticsonline.ca/Articles ... owers.html it may have an air intake to provide some air flow to cool the blower if there is only a low-flow coming from the table. No air flow can cause pump failure.
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com

knowlzy0791
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PAE 110SD Series/Mach3 Software

Post by knowlzy0791 »

PaulRowntree wrote:If it is a regenerative blower http://www.pneumaticsonline.ca/Articles ... owers.html it may have an air intake to provide some air flow to cool the blower if there is only a low-flow coming from the table. No air flow can cause pump failure.
That is the type of blower it is. Anything I can do to increase it's suction without causing damage to it?

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Post by PaulRowntree »

This is way outside my experience. I would contact the manufacturer or vendor to get the best info.
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com