Hmm the spindle yesterday did not turn by using the speed control wheel on the control box because I think it went into config estop after I referenced all home. Also when I turned on the machine my g28 was off on the x and y by 2 or 3 inches.
1) Is it necessary to save settings after doing a reference all home command?
2) If I am controlling the spindle from the control box what will happen when my gcode says M3 S4500? Will mach3 just freeze on the S command?
3) Since the spindle is PWM can I activate the spindle in ports and pins, indicate the port and pin out and then go into the spindle setup menu, pick pwm, pick the minimum activation speed, buy mach3 and increase the kernel speed? How do I set it up to let mach3 control the pwm or is this even possible since there is a speed control wheel on the control box.
4) What is this rattling/crunching/grinding noise starting at about 23 seconds after It bumps off the wall on positive X limit?http://youtu.be/n09W7RqCwiY
5) How can I replace the tool holder for a standard size instead of the metric one? The nut on the end says ER11-A and the tool holder appears to have a set screw with a tiny allen head screw in it.
6) How do I switch the motor tuning to standard from metric because I want to set the native units to standard as nobody here uses metric?