Laguna CNC

Laguna CNC

Postby GaryR6 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:18 pm

I'm looking for users of Laguna CNC equipment. I am looking at purchasing the new desktop unit and I'm wondering about current user experience with any of the Laguna CNC units in both hardware and Post processors.
GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Re: Laguna CNC

Postby Cathlabrob » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:44 am

Have you recieved any input pertaining to Laguna? I am curious as to real world experience with their units also.
Cathlabrob
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift

Postby GaryR6 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:41 am

Only one reply.......Responded as an acceptable machine. A little difficult at first, took some learning but generally happy at this point. I had ordered an new 24/36 desktop the a water cooled spindle but they kept having delays and redesigning the unit etc., So after 4 months a went with Shopbot desktop. Happy with my purchase. No surprises, great support, great machine.
GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Postby rscrawford » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:12 am

I almost bought a Laguna, but went with CAMaster instead. When I went to see the Laguna, it had rusty rails (they are shipped over from China). I wasn't impressed. The CAMaster machines are built in Georgia, and they have their own forum where you get all the support you will ever need. I started out wanting the little desktop Laguna, and ended up with a 4x8 Cobra ATC. Love it. Their desktop Stinger is about the same price as the desktop Laguna.
Russell Crawford
http://www.cherryleaf-rustle.com
rscrawford
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Cobra 408 ATC, ShopSabre IS408

Postby cabnet636 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:21 am

saving a few bucks is too risky with much of the chinese hardware
cabnet636
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Postby mswasty » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 pm

I know this post is a bit old but I have a Laguna Swift 4x8 CNC. They are correct in saying that the laguna CNC's don't have the fit and finish of a US made router. There was some rust and small defects (where the worker drilled a hole in the wrong spot and didn't patch it...) The paint job was also less than great. The dust collector is also TERRIBLE. I purchased an aftermarket dust shroud and it works like a dream now.

As far as mechanically, it works great! I've been using it almost every other day for over a year now and no problems. They don't have a forum, which sucks, but every part on this router can be found on ebay as the whole thing is generic. The spindle is plenty powerful for anything that I've needed and I cut 8/4 hardwood all the time. I've also cut aluminum and acrylic with no problem.

I found for my money, I would rather have a full chinese 4x8 bed than a smaller bed on an American CNC. I use the full bed all the time.

My modifications are the new magnetic dust shroud, water flow meter inline with the spindle coolant lines and heavy duty casters. I can roll my cnc around my shop and that is great.

CNC's are AWESOME!!!!!

-Matt
mswasty

Model of CNC Machine: Laguna swift 4x8

Return to Hardware related questions