Elu 860 CNC Machining Center / PC driving CNC direct?

Cap-size
Model of CNC Machine: Elu 860

Elu 860 CNC Machining Center / PC driving CNC direct?

Post by Cap-size »

I'm having a memory problem! I want to evaluate Photo VCarve on my 1998 Elu machine, but the files are way too large.
I have not succeeded in finding memory expension modules for the unit and assume there must be a way to drive the unit directly from my PC using CNC-Talk.
Maybe someone, even in relation to another CNC machine, has some experience there...or suggestions.
I cross my fingers!
Thanks,
Marc (AKA: Cap-Size)
"Cap-size" Marc, Armstrong B.C. Canada

kevinb

Re: Elu 860 CNC Machining Center / PC driving CNC direct?

Post by kevinb »

hi
i have a trend 920 CNC, mine's around year 2001 (see pic) from what i have seen/read on the net is a later version of the elu,
most of the elu ones i have seen have the same keyboard, i dont have memory cards either, if yours is the same? youll find a 9 pin serial cable port on the left side for pc connection,
i use a post processor app called Easy CNC which also has settings for an elu 860 CNC, i have aspire and the tool paths save and run perfect direct from easy cnc, so PVC tool paths shouldn't be a problem,

Kevin
Attachments
1.jpg

quentint
Model of CNC Machine: Elu cnc 860

Post by quentint »

Hi there, I also have a ELU cnc 860. My machine is a 1994 model, very early. I have recently found out that the console was updated, not sure what date though. I have just purchased a new "Release 16" console in the UK. the way to tell the difference is from the key board or the start up version no.
My early model is ver 1.6. The new release 16 model is ver 16.a modified. I don't know what modified means but visually the keyboards are different. the later model has the letter M on the third key from bottom on the left. the early ones have DEL.
If you have a later one the EasyCnc software can drip feed just about any size file from a PC direct to the console. I must say I havn't tried this yet but I'm sure it will.
Cheers Quent.

quentint
Model of CNC Machine: Elu cnc 860

Post by quentint »

Hi again, just to clarify. CNCTALK does not drip feed to the console.

EasyCnc is just a file transfer program, and basic text editor. this will run under Windows, however I have been told it's a bit hit & miss with Win 7. This is something to do with the baud rate of the serial port.

Quent.

franco
Model of CNC Machine: elu cnc 860 machining centre

Post by franco »

Good morning everyone, I just did the registration, so I'm new, I bought a car elu 860, used, the seller did not give me no kind of explanation, and the book for the operation, I hope you can help me I have experience of cutting plotter vinyl, but what about, cutting wood and such, I proceeded to perform the work with tools, not cnc.
so I would, to control, the machine, an instruction book, I think, and I would like to know the extent to which this machine can go, both as material and as a precision of tracks, I would be very happy if someone, I illustrate , working with a video, I do not ask for much .. thank you in advance. and congratulations for your work.

Ped_78
Model of CNC Machine: ELU CNC860

Post by Ped_78 »

I have a user manual, control panel and data cable to suit a CNC860.
We binned our CNC860 when we upgraded to a 2x1 metre bed (there was nothing wrong with the machine, we just needed more capacity). I also have a few old control panels that we acquired when we bought the machine, they are in various states of disrepair but may still be good for parts?

If anyone wants them, feel free to make me an offer.
I can send photo's if required.

Regards,
Andy

Awf291973
Model of CNC Machine: Elu 860

Post by Awf291973 »

Hi, have you still got the control panels for the elu 860. Thanks