Vector Files

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
dman
Vectric Craftsman

Vector Files

Post by dman »

I recently purchased a 1 yr subscription to this site : http://www.dewittindustries.com/cgibin/meta/index.htm
$20 for 1yr and already has over 800 files with more added every month. From what I have tried so far, the eps and ai files sometimes don't load correct (says only bitmap data) in vcarve but the dxf files work fine. Alot of these could be very nice inlays or vcarved. Just thought I'd let my fellow vcarvers know. :D

Dman

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: Vector Files

Post by CRFultz »

dman wrote:I recently purchased a 1 yr subscription to this site : http://www.dewittindustries.com/cgibin/meta/index.htm
$20 for 1yr and already has over 800 files with more added every month. From what I have tried so far, the eps and ai files sometimes don't load correct (says only bitmap data) in vcarve but the dxf files work fine. Alot of these could be very nice inlays or vcarved. Just thought I'd let my fellow vcarvers know. :D

Dman
How much do they charge for the book/cd?
20 bucks ain't bad for what your gettin....I would rather have the whole thing on cd though....sites tend to come and go
I'll have to throw a twenty at them...
thanks Dman

Chuck

dman
Vectric Craftsman

Post by dman »

Chuck,
After you spend the $20 for the subscription, you can order the book and CD for $10 plus shipping. You have to be a member to get the $10 deal on the CD. Doesn't seem like too bad a deal to me.
Damian

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

dman wrote:Chuck,
After you spend the $20 for the subscription, you can order the book and CD for $10 plus shipping. You have to be a member to get the $10 deal on the CD. Doesn't seem like too bad a deal to me.
Damian
I agree,
30 and some change for 800+ dxf's on a cd...sounds fair....