Essential Shortcut Keys

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Essential Shortcut Keys

Post by BrianM »

Shortcut keys can save an enormous amount of time when using VCarve Wizard and a few minutes spent learning them will be repaid many times over.
There is a complete list available in the online help, but for those people who never read the help or the manuals , the ones I find most useful are ...

M - Move command. Select a vector, press M and move either with the cursor or by typing an offset

S - Scale commad - select as above and scale away!

Space Bar - Closes the currently open form. Useful if you are moving / scaling with the mouse as saves a trip back to press the close button

Arrow Keys - with vectors selected these 'nudge' the vectors in the direction of the arrows - zoom in for more precise nudging, zoom out to nudge larger distances.

F - zoom to full screen

Z - enter 'zoom box' mode

It really is worth learning all the shortcut keys. It soon makes an enormous difference to the speed at which you work with VCarve Wizard.

If you have any suggestions for other shortcut keys we should add please post them to this topic

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

Hi Brian,
I am just crossing by this page so I hold on to ask you (or someone else who knows) a little question
I might miss the answere somewhere.
M hot key for Move
What about Material resize what is a hot key? (under Edit)
It says M, too.

Uncle Hai

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Uncle Hai,

The keyboard shortcuts we are referring to are available any time you are in the 2D design view, without having to access the menu or drawing tab.
What about Material resize what is a hot key? (under Edit) It says M, too.
This is one of the standard keyboard short cut access methods available on most Windows programs so that the menus can be accessed using the keyboard. For example Alt +F normally opens the File menu and then pressing 'S' will Save the current document.

There is no direct shortcut for Edit - Material Size in VCarve Wizard as this is not an operation most people perform regularly while editing. However, Alt+E (to open the Edit menu) and then M (to select Material Size) will get you to it quickly using the standard windows keyboard access methods.

Regards

Brian