Auto Cad Hatch Patterns for carving

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
webwizard2

Auto Cad Hatch Patterns for carving

Post by webwizard2 »

This doesn't even come close to Jay's food carving, but if you use Acad there are various hatch patterns that you can use for interesting effects. Kind of like texturing with hatch patterns.

Dale :D

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Dale,

Sounds interesting - any chance of posting some images to show the types of effect you can create?

Thanks,

Tony

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

I've tried using hatching from CAD programs and from Corel Draw. The CAD programs I tried draw the hatching as a bitmap not a vector which won't work with V-Carve. I haven't thought of this in a long time but I guess you could bring it in to Inkscape and convert to vectors.

webwizard2

Post by webwizard2 »

Hi Guys
Give me a few days and i'll post some things in the gallery. Acad generates the patterns as vector lines. Depending on which pattern you use, some can be vcarved and some have to be profile cut because they're just a pattern of open lines. Of course you have to experiment with different bits and depths. But isn't that what it's all about. My machine isn't running yet so i can't post an actual cutting. BUMMER!

Dale :D

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

I bet if someone were proficient with the LISP language they could make some random hatch inside autocad. Could be quite interesting. ..
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don