inkscape

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
woodguy7777

inkscape

Post by woodguy7777 »

I have downloaded inkscape and make a raster to vector file the problem i am having is been able to save the file that part dont seem to work i used save as but cant save
also tried to cut and paste still does not work any help on this? thanks woodguy

Bill S

Post by Bill S »

Hi Woodguy,

Are you putting the name of you work on the top line of the save screen.

Regards

Bill
Attachments
screencap_001.jpg
(42 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Have you checked out the How-To section. There's some info on Inkscape there: http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... how_to.htm

It's the 3rd to last How-To near the bottom of the page
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

woodguy7777

inkscape

Post by woodguy7777 »

thanks bill that was the problem not putting the file name on the top thanks. will let you know how it goes. new to this so there might be a few more questions.

woodguy7777

what am i doing wrong?

Post by woodguy7777 »

this is how i went about it i open inkscape then open the file i want to make into vector [ a jpeg file of a victorian gingerbread bracket] i then click on the file in inkscape to select it.
i then use shift-alt-b then click preview then ok i then click on the open file and drag it off to one side. then i go to view, display mode click outher this gives me a clean looking vector outline.
i then go to save as give file a name and save file i now try to open this file in turbocad and get this message. it says failed to open filter not matching this file
also before this i saved the file a box comes up asking make boundry box around fill page
or convert to text what i do with this
i am all new to this so any help would be great
thanks woodguy

Bill S

Post by Bill S »

Hi

I do not have a copy of Turbocad so I cannot tell you whether or not Turbocad supports EPS, The boundry box just leave boxes unchecked and save, If you want a box around your work then check that box, the text thing I don't know I have not used that at all, If Turbocad does support EPS just make sure that is what you save in inkscape, check the previous picture I posted.

Hope this helps

Bill