The real ultimate paint mask

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

The real ultimate paint mask

Post by Kimon »

Hehehe now that I got you to look -

Does anyone have a trick for cutting fluted polypropelene? (corex, coroplast, plastic cardboard). Is there a secret or can it not be done on a router. I havelooked on the other cnc sites and have come up blank.

When I cut it with a spiral cutter i get little wiskers it cuts fine but the finish is not acceptable.

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Yes
You first need to cover the whole project with the utimate paint mask and machine it.The UPM will hold the fuzzes down so that they can be cut off.
HeHeHe got you to look
Dan

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Hahhaha, yep you did,. yep you did.

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

My HAT is off to you Dan... That was good, Thats the way to put the ball back in his court.
I'll have to remember that and add it to my bag of tricks.

Kimon, I don't know if this will help or not, but I used to work at a place that made custom Trade Show Booths and they needed some odd shaped fluted polypropelene with odd shaped openings in the middle of the material also. They also had the same problem. I was out of town during this project and was asked what to do when I called in. After scratching my head, I suggested of sandwiching it between to peices of 1/4" Hardboard\underlayment or thin sheets of plywood.

They did end up putting it between something.,. I'm guessing it was plywood, and they said it wasn't bad. It was out the door when I came back to work.

I've also used this method for carpet also.( Be Very Careful with the Big Red Button At the Ready ), I'm headed to the paint mask thread next.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don