File problems

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Mofosheee

File problems

Post by Mofosheee »

Hello VCarve

I have this pdf file that I am unable to get it to display properly on my screen. The identities are over lapped. Final dimension is to be 24"x 36". Would someone please tell me the error of my ways? Please find the attached
Thank you

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: File problems

Post by Adrian »

When you import a PDF each page of it becomes a layer. If you look at the Layer tab or Layer manager you should see the multiple pages. If you turn them off and display one at a time you should see what is happening. You can delete the pages/layers you don't want and/or move items between layers.

Mofosheee

Post by Mofosheee »

Hi Adrian
Is there anyway to "force" identities to display on one sheet where the sheet can be dimension-ed to 24 x 36 as in the pdf? Thanks again for the tip for responding!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You can move the vectors on each layer to wherever you want using the normal movement methods. By default, if you have all the pages turned on, they will all overlap as the software has no way of knowing what you want to do. If there aren't hundreds of pages the easiest way would be to turn on page 2. Move the vectors to somewhere not overlapping page 1, turn page 2 off, turn page 3 on, move, repeat.

Many, many different ways of doing it but it's all down to what your end goal is with the vectors and how many pages you need etc.

Mofosheee

Post by Mofosheee »

Thank you Adrian
Understand
Is there someway vectric can vectorze the PDF? If not, which route would you take? Thank you

Jerry

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Assuming the PDF contains vectors then they are automatically imported. Each page contains the vectors.

If the PDF doesn't contain vectors then the bitmaps are imported and can be manually or automatically traced.