Drawing Points for Pool Cues

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
ronald44181000
Model of CNC Machine: 4 Azis CNC Router

Drawing Points for Pool Cues

Post by ronald44181000 »

I've tried drawing the Points found on Pool Cues. But can't find a way to draw them ware the Vectors would be Closed so that I can create Tool Paths. Does anyone have any idea as to how I might Proceed? I'm trying to project sai points onto a Rotary Background.

rscrawford
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Cobra 408 ATC, ShopSabre IS408

Re: Drawing Points for Pool Cues

Post by rscrawford »

Are you trying to inlay a pool cue?

As far as drawing the vectors, you can draw them individually then use the join vector tool to make a single closed vector.

If you are inlaying the pool cues, I wouldn't do it as a rotary job (though I would do it on your rotary axis). I would rotate the axis to where you want, then cut your inlay pocket, rotate and repeat to get all the pockets cut. If you pocket with a rotary toolpath, you will have a hard time making the male inlay to fit the curved pocket.
Russell Crawford
http://www.cherryleaf-rustle.com

ronald44181000
Model of CNC Machine: 4 Azis CNC Router

Re: Drawing Points for Pool Cues

Post by ronald44181000 »

I took your advice and instead created a rectangular file using the radius of the Cue diameter and length. Wherein I created an Inlay Tool Path to be cut using my rotary axis. I'll give it a try and adjust it as necessary to increase or decrease the number of points on a particular cue which are usually 5 or 6. Thanks for Helping with that issue. I've been using VCarve Pro since V3.5 and it's true that you do learn something new everyday and obviously going from 3 to 4 axis is going to take some getting use to.