Multiple height lettering.

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Woodcrafter10
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built

Multiple height lettering.

Post by Woodcrafter10 »

I could not find a resolution for what I need to do as I searched so I will ask it.
I have a plaque that I am designing that is 3/4 inches thick. The first cuts will be a name and will have a depth of about .2 inches deep from the top surface which is the zero reference point. The lettering will be about 1 inch in height and Times New Roman font. The next lettering will be below it, about .4 inches in depth from the top and its top surface is at .2 inches in depth. This lettering size will be 2.5 inches tall and all caps, Times New Roman as well. The bottom of the larger lettering will be the pocket depth, in this case, a rectangle about 1/4 inch from the edge of the material. The word Ken is the top lettering and sits on top of the bottom and/or parts of the H.
Multi layer lettering in VCarve.jpg

I need some suggestions on how to set this up in my VCarve Desktop. I have no problem with the Ken, but when I group Ken and the H and the pocket edge and attempt the second level of work, the only part left of Ken is that which resides on top of the H. I am thinking that I will somehow have to join the two groups of letters so that I can make the pocket minus both groups. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or assistance you can provide.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Multiple height lettering.

Post by highpockets »

These tutorials should help....

I upped the font sizes by .25" to better allow for the triangle made by the intersection of the K and H.
Image 230.png
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As well as the tutorials highpockets has mentioned there are quite a few forum posts on the subject. Try searching for stacked text :lol:

Woodcrafter10

Post by Woodcrafter10 »

Thank you both so much for the links to the Stacked Lettering videos and the suggestion to look for "Stacked Texts". Excellent information and easy to convert to the V9 rendition of the software. Between the two videos, I learned a ton of tips and how to's. Thank you for your quick response as well.
The image I had included was just something that I hoped would explain what I was trying to do.
I hope that someday I can assist someone and pass it forward.
Woodcrafter

Woodcrafter10

Post by Woodcrafter10 »

Getting ready to cut this tonight.
Getting ready to cut this tonight.
Hope this turns out

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

I think you figured it out! Looks great!
Thanks for the followup.
John
Maker of Chips