Vector Boundary problem

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
JTEagle
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Autoroute Pro 8

Vector Boundary problem

Post by JTEagle »

When I use a panel and do a layout have no problem getting vector boundary. But when I try to make a frame and do a layout with it for the life of me just can't get a vector boundary. What might I do to get a vector boundary?
thanks in advance
John

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Vector Boundary problem

Post by Adrian »

How are you creating the vector boundary for the 3D panel? The shape is irrelevant, the Create Boundary tool works on all 3D components. If it's a simple shape like a rectangular frame you could also drawn the vector by hand.

Depending on what you're doing and what version you're using you may not even need the vector boundary. A lot of people seem to create them because it was the only way of limiting the toolpath to just the model in previous versions but these days the roughing/finishing toolpath has the option of machining to the model boundary which, in a lot of cases, is the same result as creating and using a vector.

JTEagle
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Autoroute Pro 8

Post by JTEagle »

Adrian,
I'm using Pro9 trying to do a profile cut. Using the vector boundary control like I do when I do a panel. No luck on do it on frames that I put together. lol
Thank for the help,
John

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You'll need to attach the file as there isn't any reason I can think of why it shouldn't be working.

The frame is a 3D model I take it?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Adrian has said attaching the file will help & if you can't do that for copyright reasons then screenshots showing what you are trying to achieve would be the next best thing :lol: :lol:

As Adrian has said is this a 3D frame model or a frame you have constructed from vectors :lol: :lol: