Text Inlay

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Rburke
Model of CNC Machine: Stinger 1

Text Inlay

Post by Rburke »

I am working on a project which has an image and text inlay. The text is Cambria and is .41 inches high. The way Vectric described VCarve inlay worked fine for the image but when I tried it with the text the pocket side went about .1" deep while the insert went the full .2". The insert with the text did not come to a point so it did not fit in the pocket. I am using a 60 degree .25" V bit. I have just taken it down to .25" in depth and am about to see if it will fit. The top is not yet shaped to an edge but I will try it anyway. If it does not fit I will switch to a 60 degree .5" bit and cut deeper. Am I on the right track or is there a better way to approach text inlay?

Thanks

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Text Inlay

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Can you post your CRV file?
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Rburke

Post by Rburke »

]Thanks, seems to have me a little stumped.
Bloody Arm Text Insert Pocket.crv[/attachment [attachment=1]Bloody Arm Text Insert Pocket.crv
Attachments
Bloody Arm Text Insert Pocket.crv
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
Bloody Arm Text Insert Finish.crv
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 186 times

Rburke

Post by Rburke »

I think I see what I did. On this text insert I had a start depth of 0 and a flat depth of .2 Looks like I inadvertently applied the values for the pocket. It now looks more like it should on the preview. Anyway, try, try again. I would still be interested in your advice if you are willing to look at the files I posted. I am just getting started with inlay and don't know what I don't know.

Thanks