Having trouble visualizing two sided projects in V8.5

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Having trouble visualizing two sided projects in V8.5

Post by sharkcutup »

Don't Have Version 9.0 of VCarve yet ----

Are You Having trouble visualizing two sided projects when designing in V8.5 or earlier versions?

I have found when I have trouble visualizing certain aspects of a two sided project in VCarve V8.5 I just rough everything in VCarve 8.5 using layers for the two different sides. Then I just open that .crv file into the Trail Version 9.0 of VCarve. Make a few adjustments within separating the two sides from the layers into the proper places in V9. Create if necessary and then Run the tool paths. I am then able to preview both sides of my project after running all toolpaths. Adjust depths and any other features that need adjusting (Take notes down on changes -- can't use files saved in newer versions (V9) and then use in previous versions (V8.5 & Earlier)). Re-Calculate tool paths, and verify! I then go back to Version 8.5 make the adjustments from my notes. Re-calculate tool paths, verify and then I am ready to proceed with carving my project.

This does not help Vectric for whatever reason an individual has for not upgraded his/her VCarve product. I just thought maybe this tip would help those like myself who have trouble visualizing two sided projects until he/she is ready to upgrade! But then again who knows the more you use the two-sided application within TRIAL Version 9.0 of VCarve it may prompt you into biting the bullet and Upgrading anyway!!!

Myself I have just not seen a significant advantage to upgrade to V9.0 Yet!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

wbrock
Model of CNC Machine: piranha fx

Re: Having trouble visualizing two sided projects in V8.5

Post by wbrock »

I don't know when you bought your software but if was in the last 12 months Vectric will give you a free upgrade. I don't think I've notice enough of a change to make the purchase myself. I would like to someday get Aspire but it's cost prohibitive for me, but someday I'll get it.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Having trouble visualizing two sided projects in V8.5

Post by sharkcutup »

Thank you for your response to this post!

I purchased my CNC along with V-Carve in March of 2016 (2 years ago) so unfortunately I do not qualify for the free upgrade!

Aspire is an alternative but in my case too it is cost prohibitive but then again maybe one day it may happen --- only time will tell!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554