gadgets box creater

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
woodchuckvt
Model of CNC Machine: camaster stinger 1

gadgets box creater

Post by woodchuckvt »

any one used this gadget? I tried to create a box to make a drawer , I have a 24x36 work area, the drawer is 12x22, more than enough room to make all five pieces. but the gadget stacks all the pieces in the y axis the 22x12 bottom first then all four 6" on top of that leaving space for the bit. puts it over 36", no way to edit or move the pieces. am i missing something or is there a nesting button i'm not seeing? any help appreciated thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: gadgets box creater

Post by Adrian »

If you use the box joint rather than dovetail then you can move things around and recalculate the toolpaths. With the dovetail joint you can't as the toolpath is classed as imported so can't be recalculated. There is no way to re-arrange the dovetail version that I'm aware of but I tend to use the dovetail gadget to create boxes myself so haven't used that side of the box creator gadget much.

BretC
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Router Parts

Post by BretC »

Adrian:

Just curious if the problem with the "Box Creator" gadget not nesting the parts properly in version 9.015 has since been corrected in the latest version of VCarve Pro?

I like the simplicity of the Box Creator, but the lack of properly nesting the parts and the huge waste of material that is created is crazy!

Thanks!

Bret C
Neodesha, KS USA

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I don't know. I don't use it myself. There isn't any mention of an update on the gadgets website so I'd think the behaviour would be the same as before.