Problems saving a tiled project

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Hoytbasses
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot desktop

Problems saving a tiled project

Post by Hoytbasses »

Greetings:

I am designing a neck for a bass guitar and want to use tiling so that I can cut the part (30.5") in not desktop machine. i have an offset of 4" in x (mostly to use a less messy area of the spoilboard) .

I set up all my toolpaths, then click on tiling, assign the tiles to be half the length of the overall piece, feed through in Y axis. Everything looks good , then when I hit 'save' I get an error message saying to check that it is not read-only (it's not). Or that the program is open in another application (it's not).......

In searching the forum somebody mentioned that you cannot use an offset AND tiling together. Is that the case?

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. I had done some tiling a couple years ago and had no problems (other than getting the workpiece perfectly aligned so all the cuts lined up perfectly) ... but it's been a while and I think I'm missing something.

Karl

Hoytbasses
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot desktop

Re: Problems saving a tiled project

Post by Hoytbasses »

Update:

I changed the original material setup back to no offset... hit 'save' and it saved just fine. So thanks to whomever it was that responded to a different thread quite a while ago..... Time to make a bass neck ;-)