Reducing un-needed pecking on V-Carve Toolpaths?

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Mark Bolton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre408PRO-10HPHSD-10posATC-WinCNC

Re: Reducing un-needed pecking on V-Carve Toolpaths?

Post by Mark Bolton »

I can see why your customer wanted that tree. Its a great looking tree. Very nice work. My customers also often want their specific image. I guess if you get paid for it it is what it is.

I can usually get pretty darn close with an automatic trace and brief cleanup but will definitely work on my manual tracing skills.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Reducing un-needed pecking on V-Carve Toolpaths?

Post by martin54 »

Something else to consider Mark is where the original artwork came from. If you are dealing with Businesses quite often their artwork has been done by a designer. Asking the customer if they can obtain the artwork in vector format or contacting the designer yourself can save you a lot of time. I don't do a lot of work now for health reasons but my personal preference was to contact the designer myself, customers generally don't understand different file formats so its easier to speak to designers directly rather than try to pass messages through customers :lol: :lol:

The other advantage of learning how to use the drawing & editing tools is that it makes it that much easier & quicker to create your own artwork from scratch :lol: