How to clean up intersecting Closed Vectors

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro

How to clean up intersecting Closed Vectors

Postby chris@manabeads.com » Mon May 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi all, thanks for reading my post... I am still learning VCarve and trying to do something that I could use some help with.

I am overlaying text onto a map of the world. I want the text at the top and the world 1/8" or so below. The problem is that I have to do the text first, then when I trying to engrave the world, the two overlap. See picture.

is there an easy way to trim the closed vectors so the letter can be in front of the map?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
chris@manabeads.com

Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3

Re: How to clean up intersecting Closed Vectors

Postby Leo » Mon May 02, 2016 4:51 pm

You could use layers.

Text on one layer

Other vectors on a different layer

Turn on only the layer you want to work with
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind

www.leosworkshop.com
Leo
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254

Postby Frunple » Mon May 02, 2016 5:47 pm

chris@manabeads.com wrote:Hi all, thanks for reading my post... I am still learning VCarve and trying to do something that I could use some help with.

I am overlaying text onto a map of the world. I want the text at the top and the world 1/8" or so below. The problem is that I have to do the text first, then when I trying to engrave the world, the two overlap. See picture.

is there an easy way to trim the closed vectors so the letter can be in front of the map?

Very simple to do.
Select all the "world" vectors. Then select the letter. Then use the "Trim Objects" tool (just to the left of the scissors), and select "Clear inside boundary".
Done.
Frunple

Postby chris@manabeads.com » Mon May 02, 2016 7:43 pm

Frunple wrote:
chris@manabeads.com wrote:Hi all, thanks for reading my post... I am still learning VCarve and trying to do something that I could use some help with.

Very simple to do.
Select all the "world" vectors. Then select the letter. Then use the "Trim Objects" tool (just to the left of the scissors), and select "Clear inside boundary".
Done.

WOW! That was easy. Thanks so much... Learning more every day!!!!
chris@manabeads.com

Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3

Return to VCarve - Tips and Tricks