Converting .CRV Files

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Rburke
Model of CNC Machine: Stinger 1

Converting .CRV Files

Post by Rburke »

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to export .CRV files as .JPEGs or some other customer accessible file. Also looking for a way to show actual size of items produced. Everything I am dealing with so far are small engravings or images with engravings. Sometimes will need to present a black and white image that is the actual size. I send the 3D image but that is not always what is wanted. What should I do in this situation?

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Re: Converting .CRV Files

Post by LittleGreyMan »

Hi,

There are numerous solutions for taking screenshots or you can simply "save shaded image" in the view menu (checked in Aspire, but I think you have the same item in Vcarve).

I do not catch what you are trying to achieve. A black and white image of a carving is simply the 2d vectorial view.

I think you cannot control the actual size for your customer, as you do not know the size and resolution of its monitor. The size of a 800x800 pixels jpeg will vary depending on the display.

You may try printing the image at the right size as a pdf and ask the customer to print it. Even in this case, it may not be perfect, depending on the customer printer margins and his settings.

I'd simply move the carving in the 2D view close to the rulers and take a screenshot.

Can you post an example and explain what doesn't suit you with it?
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Converting .CRV Files

Post by martin54 »

if it is just to give the customer an idea of the actual size then you can use dimensions for the part to give a visual representation or you could use a jpeg image of a ruler scaled by you to the correct size next to the part to help show scale. Easy enough to do using one of the screen capture methods.
Most people won't have any way to scale an image to its actual correct size & even if they did the items would always have to be small enough to fit on the screen :lol: :lol: :lol: