Crazy new concept

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
knowlzy0791
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PAE 110SD Series/Mach3 Software

Crazy new concept

Post by knowlzy0791 »

Well, it's probably not crazy to some of the more advanced group. I will try my best to explain what I am after and what I am hoping to pull off.

The attached drawing file is what I had come up with (after 8 revisions) and have now gone in an almost opposite direction. I would still like the basics of the drawing, the turbo, the details of the turbo to include the center wheel and attaching bars. However, I would now like the words moved and arranged like the are in the picture. The top and bottom words are not my issue. It is the Duramax that goes across the center.

Is there a way to keep all the details in the center, and have the Duramax name stand out from the base, and have the D and X stick off the sides of the turbo?

I apologize if this is not clear enough. I'm on the struggle bus with it.
Attachments
2016-01-18_15.38.45.jpg
Joe Duramax Turbo.crv
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 178 times

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Crazy new concept

Post by IslaWW »

Knowlzy...
Search the forum for "Text on Text" or "Multi Layered Text" Examples. There is a user generated tutorial somewhere, also.

Your task will be very similar, but slightly more complicated due to the multiple pockets, etc. that your lettering will span over. Its going to be a chunk of work, but it is doable. Good Luck!
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

knowlzy0791
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PAE 110SD Series/Mach3 Software

Post by knowlzy0791 »

IslaWW wrote:Knowlzy...
Search the forum for "Text on Text" or "Multi Layered Text" Examples. There is a user generated tutorial somewhere, also.

Your task will be very similar, but slightly more complicated due to the multiple pockets, etc. that your lettering will span over. Its going to be a chunk of work, but it is doable. Good Luck!
I followed that thread a while back when I was learning text on text. I know the routine and can do multi layered text, I'm just struggling to warp it from letters on top of letters to the letters on top of pocketed details. Plus having some of it hang off of the edge is a new one for me.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

Knowlzy...
It may be new, but the principal of welding the vectors to obtain machining boundaries is the same. In the case of your letter that extend beyond the housing, the outside profile needs to include the extended portion of the letters.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com