Toolpath Start Points

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
stsmetals
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Toolpath Start Points

Post by stsmetals »

Still relatively new to VCarve, about 8 months, and I would like to know if it's possible to manually select a start point for a tool path. I'm having a problem with the radius lead. Trying to prevent undercuts where bit enters work piece. Also, I keep getting an upgrade notice when I log into Shark Controller for Ver. 1.6. I've tried to download it before and it won't allow me to reload a file. Are there any other FREE upgrade options for the Shark Controller?

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shop-Made Router

Re: Toolpath Start Points

Post by JoeM »

I don't know about the shark stuff, but for the toolpath start points -
- click on 'node editing" (one of the arrows under the "edit objects" list)
- click on the vector you want to play with.
- current start point will show in green. To change it, right click on any other point on the vector and select "Make start point" or type "P".
and if there isn't a point where you want it to start, you can put the cursor there, right click and select "insert a point" or type "I". And then right click it again and make it the start point.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Toolpath Start Points

Post by Adrian »

Don't forget to check "Use vector start points (don't optimise)" in the toolpath once you've set the node to where you want it.