Update & Pics using Photo Vcarve to Relief Carve

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro

Re: Update & Pics using Photo Vcarve to Relief Carve

Postby Stickman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:06 am

I recently downloaded paint.net, a free open-source program that reportedly does many of the functions of Photoshop (I lost my old version when my last computer died). So far I've had good results with Paint, mostly touching up pictures for PhotoVCarve, though I've barely scratched the surface of the program. Just passing this along if anyone wants to try it. You certainly can't beat the price!
Stickman
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 58

Postby KenC » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:43 am

I downloaded Paint.NET & had a go at it.
I used "Edge Detect" function to come to this.
Attachments
995917-196 randered.jpg
KenC

Postby MTSO » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:51 pm

where is the edge detect option? and what does it look like?.

regards

Brian
MTSO
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: salecnc XJ1224

Postby highpockets » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:05 pm

I've just finished reading through this topic and I'd like to thank TReischl for starting this thread and everyone for all the great input.

I've been messing around trying to learn how to do some 2.5d carving and this helps a lot. I am trying to learn Blender and have been going through all the tutorials, it's a very powerful app, but maybe over kill for 2.5d stuff.

Today I was messing around with a gray scale object and found a app on my computer called 3D Builder by Microsoft. I'm guessing it was installed when I upgraded my computer to Win10. I googled it and found it's a free app from Microsoft you can download it at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/a ... zdncrfj3t6 . It two will allow you to extrude gray scale images. I'm playing around with one of TReischi's gray scale images since his are much better quality to see what 3D Builder will do. So far I'm impressed with what it will do and how easy it is to use. There a YouTube videos of course, some better than others.

If you don't have PVC (like me) and want something free to try your hand at creating your own 2.5d objects, check out 3D Builder.
Attachments
Image 8.jpg
Here's my first attempt.
John
Maker of Chips
highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Previous

Return to VCarve - Tips and Tricks