Excel feed and speeds spreadsheet.

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Excel feed and speeds spreadsheet.

Post by highpockets »

I have G Wizard and really like it.... http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html
John
Maker of Chips

JPitt
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Post by JPitt »

Mike,

Trying to used the spreadsheet you posted. I seam to be doing something wrong. Using a .25" tool, Two flute, 100 IPM and cutting hard wood, should keep chipload .009/.011 so thats a RPM of 5556 following the chart over. That seam so slow. What am I doing wrong or am I. Thank Mike.

lagadishimorto
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: blackfoot4x8

Post by lagadishimorto »

I use an excel sheet where the toolpath endmill particulars are listed along with the recommended chipload for either soft or hardwood .Then depending on what Feedrate and RPM your machine has you can play with those parameters to suit your machine.
This way I have a record of how each endmill cut on each type of wood .As long as the chipload falls within the recommended endmill manufacturer CHIPLOAD parameters.I mostly use Onsrud and Freud. I play with the pass depth starting very conservative and then push to a comfortable limit .Keeping track of this saves us time in future toolpaths in getting the RPM, FEEDRATES,PASS DEPTH and chipload within acceptable parameters for my machine.
I now have a better idea of how hard to push my machine to reduce machining time .Keep playing with the formulas for results.
Chipload=Feedrate/(RPMX#OF cutting edges)
RPM=Feedrate/(#cutting edgesXChipload)
Feedrate=RPM X #OF CUTTING EDGES X Chipload

Hope helps someone as it did me .
Attachments
Doc1.pdf
(202.17 KiB) Downloaded 231 times