Copy Image to local drive

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
Tallulah
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave Piranha XL

Copy Image to local drive

Post by Tallulah »

Thanks in advance. I used to know how to do this: I import an image and edit it so it's pretty. Now I want to save my work AND I want the edited image to be in my list of clipart or in my file for photos (bmp, etc.)

Copy paste doesnt work, export doesn't work, dragging and dropping doesn't work. So, I'm here at the forum.

Beth

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Copy Image to local drive

Post by Adrian »

To have a VCarve file appear in the clipart you need to save it in a folder that already exists on the clipart tab or use the Add Folder button to add a folder and place the file in that.

The clipart tab just reflects what you have stored on your computer. You can add folders from anywhere. By default the Clipart Folder on the tab equates to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files"

Tallulah

Post by Tallulah »

Thanks. I am wondering how to take an image in a .crv file that move the "image only" to a local file to be used later in another project using that design.
But glad to know how to move it within clipart
Beth

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Bit confused about your use of the word "image". Do you mean a bitmap or vectors?

You can cut and paste either between open copies of VCarve. You can import from the Import menu as well.

Tallulah

Post by Tallulah »

Yes, I mean the designed image: the bitmap or vector.
I'm trying to get the bitmap/vector that I have spent time tracing and cleaning up saved but not into another vcarve. I'd like it saved outside of the program , so I can use however I wish.

Sorry if I'm not being clear.
Beth

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You can't save bitmaps from within VCarve but as you can't edit them in VCarve that doesn't really matter.

You can export the vectors for use in other programs via the options on the File, Export menu item. The format you export to depends on what you're intending to do with the vectors. SVG, EPS and DXF are generally the most popular.

Tallulah

Post by Tallulah »

Perfect! Thanks for hanging in there.

:-D