Quick Release Extraction

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
bigZ
Vectric Apprentice

Quick Release Extraction

Post by bigZ »

Fed up with constantly undoing allen key bolts or wingnuts on the extraction every time you change a bit?

I purchased 10 neodymium magnets(10mm x 5mm) from ebay for £3. Mounted 4 off them in the extract mount(using just a press fit) and epoxied another 4 to the router holder. Their is a .5mm gap between the magnets so they don't lose attraction by crashing into each other. These are EXTREMELY strong magnets and have given no problems. I can now take the extraction off/on in seconds.
Attachments
extractrion2.jpg
extractrion1.jpg

GroBru

Re: Quick Release Extraction

Post by GroBru »

bigZ wrote:Fed up with constantly undoing allen key bolts or wingnuts on the extraction every time you change a bit?

I purchased 10 neodymium magnets(10mm x 5mm) from ebay for £3. Mounted 4 off them in the extract mount(using just a press fit) and epoxied another 4 to the router holder. Their is a .5mm gap between the magnets so they don't lose attraction by crashing into each other. These are EXTREMELY strong magnets and have given no problems. I can now take the extraction off/on in seconds.
Good idea bigz Thanks
Bruno T of Edmundston

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

Thats very cool. Thanks. :) Wonder what other uses we can think of for those magnets..... :roll:

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

I've believed one of us has used magnet for Z Zero plate for ShopBot, anyone know who is he?.
Sound and Sight all for Life
Shopbot PRS96, AXIAcroma128
CS2, CorelX4, FlexiPRO
Cut3D, VCPro, Aspire

Randy
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Randy »

Don't recall a magnet in conjunction with the Z zero routine but then I have been known to...

BTW, I use a magnet and a reed switch to limit the upper travel on the Z.
Slowly I turned...
Randy

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

Forgive me 'cause I'm not clearly about this.
I mean Magnet to hold the Z zero plate away in convenience place when not in use and where it's not grounded to ShopBot.
Please correct this
Sound and Sight all for Life
Shopbot PRS96, AXIAcroma128
CS2, CorelX4, FlexiPRO
Cut3D, VCPro, Aspire