AI files

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
mtworks

AI files

Post by mtworks »

when I try to load an AI file I get the error message" cannot load EPS file" Am I doing something wrong or does the demo not load AI files?

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Unfortunately the original demo had some files missing which stopped the AI import working. If the directory
C:\Program Files\VCarve Wizard Trial Edition\Exec\PSInclude is missing then I'm afraid you have the download with the broken AI file import. If this directory is missing, you can either download the demo from the vectric website again, or if you drop me an email to support@vectric.com and I will send you the missing files by email.

If you do already have the directory mentioned above, if you could send me one of the files you are having problems with to the above address we can see if we can identify the problem and fix it.

Regards

Brian

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

Hi Brian,
Me too, In directory C:\Program Files\VCarve Wizard Trial Edition\Exec\PSInclude is show but AI file I import VCarve said " can not load EPS file".
I attached this file for you to look at it.
If you have any trouble receiving this file let me know.
Thanks
Uncle Hai
Attachments
Glamour Salon
Glamour Salon
Glamoura_Salon_Logo.jpg (8.84 KiB) Viewed 4085 times

Uncle Hai
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Uncle Hai »

Sorry :( ,
I try to send you AI file, but It does not go through.
It posted double messages in Jpeg file.
Is there another way to send this AI file to you?
May be I have to use Outlook Espress.
Uncle Hai

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

Hi Uncle Hai,

If you email the file to support@vectric.com we will have a look at it and get back to you.

Regards

Brian

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

I believe Tony has responded directly to you. If anyone else is interested in the subject, the 'AI' file was not actually from Adobe Illustrator but from Corel Draw. Loading it into Illustrator and a number of other packages I tried gave a warning about a missing font definition in the file.

For exporting files from Corel Draw, by far the best export format to use for VCarve Wizard is EPS - Encapsulated Postscript

When the export options dialog is displayed make sure the option to Export text as Curves is selected.

If the vectors in Corel contains gradient fills, Corel will often split the shape into a number of 'bands' to try and simulate the gradient fill, this will make the vectors totally unsuitable for VCarving. If you suffer from this problem, simply turn off the colour fill in Corel Draw for the vectors you wish to export.

Hope this helps some people

Brian.