Support Pages and Frequently Asked Questions

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Re: Support Pages and Frequently Asked Questions

Post by BrianM »

MrYuri wrote:Hi Guys (and hopefully Gals),
I found out my "Scale factor" setting in toolpath summary is not working for negative (lower/faster) numbers.
When I enter higher number than 1 result is immediately calculated, but my CNC seems faster and every time I try to get lower result than estimated time with scale factor one it doesn't calculate.
I tried negative numbers (-2.0), decimals 0.5 with both dot and with coma (0,8/0.8).
If I remember training it should be entered as decimal let's say "0.8"

I have win 10 and aspire 8.5.
Is this normal behavior or is it bug in the SW?

Thanks for useful advice in advance.
Yuri
Hi,

If your machine is going faster than the programmed speeds, I'm afraid it is a bug with your machine not the software. Normally no machine which is obeying the feedrates instructed by the software will be quite as fast as the times we calculate as we make no allowance for acceleration / deceleration on the machine, so with a time factor of 1.0 and the rapid feed rates set correctly, the machine should always take longer to actually cut the part as it will have to perform some acceleration / deceleration.

Brian

althor1170
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro 6

Post by althor1170 »

I'm having an issue with Aspire. When I try to use any of the sculpt tools, the material is sculpted in a different spot than where my cursor is. Sometimes it's close, but sometimes it's not even in the same window. I can't sculpt if I don't know where I'm sculpting...?

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

althor1170 wrote:I'm having an issue with Aspire. When I try to use any of the sculpt tools, the material is sculpted in a different spot than where my cursor is. Sometimes it's close, but sometimes it's not even in the same window. I can't sculpt if I don't know where I'm sculpting...?
Are you using a tablet or a mouse?

Some tablet drivers have different modes (relative to the full screen or to the window) which may not work properly with all software.

For such a problem, give more info, as the OS and software versions.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

althor1170
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro 6

Post by althor1170 »

LittleGreyMan wrote:
althor1170 wrote:I'm having an issue with Aspire. When I try to use any of the sculpt tools, the material is sculpted in a different spot than where my cursor is. Sometimes it's close, but sometimes it's not even in the same window. I can't sculpt if I don't know where I'm sculpting...?
Are you using a tablet or a mouse?

Some tablet drivers have different modes (relative to the full screen or to the window) which may not work properly with all software.

For such a problem, give more info, as the OS and software versions.
I'm using a Wacom tablet as a mouse. Never had this problem with any other software, though. OS is windows 7 64bit, and it's the newest version of Aspire, just downloaded last week.

farmertom
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Cursor Icon meanings?

Post by farmertom »

Hi,
Where can I find out about the different cursor icon meanings? When I am snapping to an existing vector the cursor will change. What are the different meanings?
Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Cursor Icon meanings?

Post by Adrian »

farmertom wrote:Hi,
Where can I find out about the different cursor icon meanings? When I am snapping to an existing vector the cursor will change. What are the different meanings?
Thanks
If you search the Help Contents for "Geometry Snapping" you'll get a picture of what they mean.

Jan.vanderlinden
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve

Post by Jan.vanderlinden »

How do I post a jpg file?
I tried several time yesterday, and I kept getting error messages.
Something to the effect that the file is not valid, or something like that.

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

Dumb it down to below 2MB.
Attachments
exportfile.jpg

Jan.vanderlinden
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve

Post by Jan.vanderlinden »

thank you.
I will try that.

daveh
Model of CNC Machine: Joes CNC

Post by daveh »

I have vcarve pro ver. 5.5 and I have just installed it on my new laptop. Every time I start the program I get the message "Initializing post script import fonts ..." and have to wait for the fonts to install. The installation on my other computer does not do this. Any ideas on how to fix?
Thanks
Dave

daveh

Post by daveh »

Maybe my question was a dumb question or maybe no one has had the problem I described above. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling VCP 5.5. Same problem. I always have to wait for :
"VCarve Pro, Initialising PostScript import fonts for the first time. This may take between 30 seconds and 6 minutes depending on the speed of your computer and only needs to be done once. Please Wait ...."

Is version 5.5 not supported anymore? Is the forum not the right place to ask the question?

Thanks for any help
Dave
Attachments
VCP problem.jpg

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Dave,

VCP 5.5 is an old version, I'm not sure how may people on the forum are still using it. That's not to say it's wrong for you. If it fits your needs then good for you. I would suggest contacting tech support at Vectric for help.
John
Maker of Chips

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

daveh wrote:t ...."

Is version 5.5 not supported anymore? Is the forum not the right place to ask the question?

Thanks for any help
Dave
The forum is primarily for communication with fellow users. If you contact support@vectric.com I'm sure we can get you up and running, but these sort of issues are best dealt with via email through the Vectric support department as often details of operating systems and particular system configurations come into play.

Brian

daveh

Post by daveh »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I will contact vectric support

Dave

Azulikit
Model of CNC Machine: homemade

Post by Azulikit »

I am using Aspire 4.5 and Mack3 When I start Mach3 whit a smooth stepper. The router moves through the g codes and the stops briefly and restarts while the g codes are still running therefore the coordinates are off and it cuts a different path. It does this erratically( not at the same place in the g codes) It does this almost every time no matter what file I run. What scould be the problem